A family owned happy Care Home with Nursing for the discerning elderly and mentally frail over the age of 55 located in Horndean near Waterlooville, Hampshire.
We are an Investors in People Company (Gold Status) and place training as top priority for all our staff to ensure we meet our commitment to provide outstanding care and nursing care.
We are also currently working towards GOLD STANDARD FRAMEWORK in end of life care.
General Duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting residents who need help with dressing, undressing, washing, bathing and using the toilet with due regard for resident’s privacy.
- Helping residents with mobility problems and other physical disabilities such as incontinence.
- Helping in the use of toilet aids, hoists and personal equipment.
- Helping in the promotion of mental and physical activity of residents through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities and recreation and liasing with their family and friends.
- Assist residents at meal times, some meal preparation and serving meals.
- Inspecting, labelling, laundering and mending resident’s clothes. Ensuring residents have their own clothing at all times.
- Read and write reports and care plans.
- Take part in staff meetings and training activities as directed.
- Maintaining clean bedrooms and communal rooms
- Work closely with domestic assistants (cooks, kitchen assistants and cleaners) to the benefit of the resident
- Maintain good relationships with relatives and friends of the resident. Offer refreshments and be courteous to them at all times
- Any concerns relatives have are reported immediately to the senior staff member
- Any other reasonable duties as may be required