EPIC Peer Mentor - Volunteer
Lambeth, Southwark, Lewisham and Croydon - London
3-4 hours per week
Voluntary position (on completion of training you will receive an accredited qualification)
The Beth Centre believes in the power of the peer to peer relationship.
EPIC – Enabling Positive Individual Change – is a peer mentoring scheme provided to women within the boroughs of Lambeth, Southwark, Lewisham and Croydon. Working within an innovative women’s service, Peer Mentors provide support to women residing in the above mentioned boroughs who are currently involved or at risk of becoming involved with the criminal justice system. Peer Mentors will be committed to Enabling Positive Individual Change by providing person centred support.
Can you be an EPIC Peer Mentor?
• Yes, if you are a woman who has experienced the Criminal Justice System at some point in your life
• Yes, if you can commit to a training programme while working towards an accredited qualification
• Yes, if you would like your own experiences to have a positive impact on empowering women currently involved in the criminal justice system
. Yes, if you live in the borough of Lambeth, Southwark, Lewisham or Croydon.
· Yes, if you have been free from offending and substance/alcohol addiction for at least 6 months
As an EPIC Peer Mentor you can expect to:
• Support women throughout all stages of the criminal justice system
• Provide emotional and practical support to service users
• Participate in a comprehensive training programme
• Be supported by a single point of contact at all stages as an EPIC Peer Mentor
• Volunteer within a unique environment committed to empowering women
• Be offered the opportunity to gain a recognised qualification
• Receive both one to one and group supervision
• Be fully supported with any further future career paths you may wish to pursue
• Receive a personal reference
To apply please Peer Mentor and Volunteer Coordinator Fiona Shaw on firstname.lastname@example.org or post to The Beth Centre, Hudson House, 1 Stockwell Green, SW9 9JF or on 07884887053
You do NOT need any previous experience of volunteering.
*This post is restricted to women only as a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9 paragraph 1, Equality Act 2010