The Group company is made of 3 highly successful Digital Marketing and Events Companies with outstanding reputations globally. Working with some of the biggest blue-chip FTSE 500 Companies in the world, the Group has seen its success soar from humble beginnings to a roller coaster of a ride. A market leader, their events and digital work is global and their attention second to none. With a passion for delivering amazing experiences, this Company offers a bespoke service to high profile clients like no other.
As Sales Manager, you'll play a key role in the growth of the business, overlooking a £1.5 million target and eventually building your own sales division. You will partially own the sales division with the Chief Executive Officer, be a part of the initial client brief, responsible for the development of proposals and managing certain aspects of pre-event planning. You will be pitching C-Level Executives and key decision makers from FTSE 500 to SMEs globally; you will ensure excellent client handling throughout. You need to have an excellent passion for attention to detail, brilliant project management skills, a huge passion for sales, determination to earn uncapped earnings and a desire to travel the world whilst working for a successful group of companies.
The role will be based in Cardiff working and will be working closely with the Management Board and our global team.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and other higher management
· Hold a high level of integrity when speaking to Clients and C-Level Executives
· Build positive working relationships with all those that we work with
· Assist with generating new business to the approximation of £1.5 Million
· Experience and knowledge of spin selling is extremely desirable
· Identify opportunities for greater profits
· Be an excellent communicator
· Identify key staff in client companies to cultivate profit
· Promote high quality sales, supply and customer service process
· Gain solid knowledge of competitors, clients and target market.
· Manage and develop overall processes and client handling/management
· Occasionally research venues, site visits etc., suppliers (UK and International) (catering, venues, dressing, entertainment, detail, travel)
· Responsible for account management of some of the worlds FTSE 500, whilst maintaining growth and attracting new business
· Create sales and marketing plans
· Liaising with the SVP to understand delegates needs & enhancing PR activities
· Work closely with management in developing a floorplan to enhance customer experience
· Be proactive at business development
· Media monitoring & research
· Attending client/prospect meetings to identify PR requirements and present opportunities which will enhance the public image of the client/prospect
· Work closely with Chief Executive Officer and Senior Vice President
· Ensure company standards and performance are met on a monthly basis
· Ensure personal and team targets are exceeded
· Supporting the delivery of an integrated digital strategy including social media
· Drafting a range of material for delegates including press releases, briefing notes and statements
· Global Experience in closing big value deals and understanding the sales and decision-making process
· Building and nurturing your sales teams
· An eye for talent
· Experience in pipeline generation
You'll already have proven experience dealing with Blue Chip clients, ideally from an events background. The ideal candidate will have good solid sales experience, be calm under pressure and be brilliant at getting the most out of your team, suppliers and clients. The Company is a close-knit team, so we’re looking for someone with a tenacity for success but also a desire to grow with the Company.
- Previous experience in business development is crucial; business development experience in the Middle East is highly desirable.
- Proven sales experience is essential
- A strong delivery-focus, with the ability to turn around quality work swiftly
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Extensive experience in B2B PR, marketing; events or publications marketing
- Confidence and pro-activity – most importantly the ability to identify opportunities ahead of time
- Visit and canvas at competitor and industry events, and develop systematic understanding of and monitoring of competitors.
- Ability to demonstrate persuasive and positive attitude in a pressurised and deadline driven environment
- Willing to travel; Locally, Globally
- Excellent relationship building skills
- University Degree in Business (Undergraduate Minimum)
- Competence in Microsoft Office, CRM software & Social Media Platforms
Perks of the job
· Laptop and mobile
· Uncapped commission
· Worldwide travel
· Opportunity to work with some of the world’s prestigious brands
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented and super organised individual, willing to get stuck in and progress with a Company that is taking the marketing world by storm. Please apply today if you think you have what it takes!
ONLY APPLY IF YOUR ANSWER IS YES TO THE BELOW:
- Do you have 3 years experience in senior sales or business development?
- Do you have experience in closing deals in excess of £20,000 plus?
- Do you have experience in lead generation?