About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Document Controller to join our Regional team to work in Langley.
What you'll be doing
As a Document Controller, you will:
- Manage the requirements for document control on one or more bids to ensure implementation and compliance to standards established within the Business Management System (BMS);
- Identify contractual requirements in relation to Document control;
- Ensure accurate control of bid documentation from preconstruction/ PQQ through to completion and archiving;
- Liaise with project or bid teams to ensure they have a full understanding of document control and system procedures and provide training and instruction as required such that documentation control requirements are met;
- Ensure that procedures are fully implemented in order to meet requirements of the BMS and other documentation and information systems, e.g. Business Collaborator.
Who we're looking for
You will have:
- A good understanding of IT and the Business Collaborator EDMS;
- The ability to understand how the operations of the department relate to others and work collaboratively to obtain the best outcome for the business;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Determination to see tasks through to completion, with excellent planning and organisation skills.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.