Vice Principal – Advanced Curriculum-Nelson and Colne College
Vice Principal – Advanced Curriculum
Salary: Circa £70,000 per annum
Closing Date: Monday 16th April 2018
Nelson and Colne College is an Outstanding education provider with a track record of appearing at or near the top of all the national performance and progress league tables. We have committed, hardworking staff driven by enabling students to achieve their ambitions, a supportive culture, and a well invested and pleasant learning environment with easy commuter links.
The current post holder has been appointed to a Principal role in another college after four happy years here, and we are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Vice Principal to join us from August 2018.
The successful candidate will undertake the lead role across the College for all matters relating to our Sixth Form offer, including A Level and advanced vocational/technical study programmes. You will be well supported to become an important addition to our thriving Senior Leadership and College Leadership Teams.
Main duties include:
- Direct leadership of activities and results within the Sixth Form setting
- Foster a culture of high aspiration, with inspirational teaching and learning at its heart
- Demonstrate commitment to the personal growth and development of staff and students at all levels, enabling them to develop the skills necessary to achieve outstanding success
- Manage human, financial and material resources associated with the role effectively and efficiently to achieve sustainability, ensuring delivery of associated outcomes, targets and student participation
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong academic background including good degree which inspires successful academic study in staff and students
- A professional teaching qualification
- A higher degree level qualification (desirable)
- Teaching experience or the ability to lead teaching practice at a very high standard across the organisation
- The understanding of new Government policy developments in respect of curriculum, teaching and quality assurance in Further Education and Sixth Forms
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this post and would like to find out more, please visit our website and complete an online application form. If you would like an informal conversation with the current post holder or Principal, this can be arranged.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.