Football Development Officer - Hopwood Hall College
The primary purpose of the post is to increase the quality and quantity of football opportunities in the Borough. The essential aims of the post are:-
· To assist Borough / Regional football clubs with activities which implement the aims and objectives of the Football Association’s Development Plan
· To implement the growth of football within the Sports Curriculum of the College
· To assist the Lancashire County Football Association with implementation of their Development Strategy for the Borough and North Manchester Conurbation
· To work effectively with School Sports Partnerships in the borough to develop links between schools, the College, clubs and community football opportunities
1. To expand the application of football in the Sports Curriculum of the College
2. To develop links with feeder primary, secondary and special schools on football related activities
3. To develop links and provision of training / coaching with local amateur and professional clubs, plus assisting other amateur clubs and the College to achieve and maintain FA Charter Standard Status Awards
4. To implement recommendations of the Borough’s Sports Development Plan, with respect to football activities
5. To work with the Lancashire FA County Development Manager with activities which ensure the County FA’s aims and objectives are achieved in the Borough and North Manchester Conurbation
6. To work with local community clubs to further promote coach development opportunities, and development of the female game
7. To develop links with local leagues including junior, youth, senior, girls and women’s football within the North Manchester Conurbation
8. To develop initiatives for engagement of Asian Communities in Football activities, linked to SRB5 programmes, plus other regeneration programmes in the Borough which target disaffected youth groups
9. To develop opportunities for people with disabilities to play football and engage in associated activities through coach education developing social inclusion
10. Promote small sided games with specific focus on the introduction and development of Futsal
11. The post-holder will be responsible to the Management Advisory Committee (MAC) of the Hopwood Football Park with regards to reporting procedures in accord with the conditions of the Football Foundation Capital and Revenue Grant Awards
12. To gather and collate information as required.
13. To line manage sports coaches and volunteers as required
14. To line manage Soccer coaches and to increase and develop volunteer/student work experience database” to aid in the delivery of programmes and initiatives.
15. Any other duties of a similar level of responsibility as may be required.