Alternative Finance Data Intern
AlliedCrowds has a unique mission: to combine technology, data, and finance in order to disrupt development. We do this by creating innovative technology and new financing models that unlock capital for entrepreneurs in emerging markets, enabling them to grow their businesses, hire new employees, and contribute to the global economy.
AlliedCrowds recently released the Capital Finder, a public database that aims to connect entrepreneurs to alternative sources of finance in their countries. The Capital Finder is divided by type (equity, debt, grant), source (VC, angel, impact investors, crowdfunding, public), and sector focus (IT, agribusiness, etc.). This unique database is transformative for entrepreneurs in developing countries who face numerous obstacles in financing their start-ups, the first of which is finding capital.
We are looking for someone to join our team part-time to oversee and improve the Capital Finder. This is an opportunity that gives the team member the ability to take considerable responsibility for the project.
This begins as a volunteer part-time, with potential to turn into a paid position. We believe it’s perfect for graduate students in their last year of university, postgraduate students, and recent graduates who are looking to learn about and contribute to an exciting, growing industry. The position is based in London, and we’re looking to fill it as soon as possible.
Remote working options available.
- Database management — overseeing alternative sources of funding on the Capital Finder
- Liaising with remote contractors to ensure the right alternative finance firms are being entered into the database
- Finding and suggesting ways to improve the Capital Finder
- Research and analysis for various projects related to alternative finance in emerging markets
- Knowledge of SQL and Python
- Currently pursuing/recently finished a BA/BS, MA/MS, or MBA in economics, development, finance, computer science, mathematics, engineering or related field
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated interest in economic development / alternative finance
- Previous database management experience
- Advanced quantitative skills
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of statistical software
- Previous experience working in emerging markets
- Multilingualism is a plus
To apply, please send your CV/resume with a cover letter and a brief writing sample to email@example.com.