Newcross Healthcare have several flexible vacancies for experienced Care Assistants (HCAs) working full or part time hours in Worthing and the surrounding areas of Lancing, Shoreham-by-sea and Goring-by-sea through our Chichester branch.
You will play an essential part in supporting the well-being and quality of life of each individual in your care. Daily tasks may include assisting with washing and dressing, meal times, personal care and assisting with activities as required.
The Caring Role
We take pride in the quality of our care, so we're looking for experienced Care Assistants with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care.
You will be working in local nursing homes, residential homes and care homes delivering essential care to residents in a compassionate and caring manner. It's essential you're committed to upholding our vision of excellence in care, which means promoting wellbeing while protecting each person's dignity.
This is a permanent job with the flexibility to work short or long day shifts, nights or weekends or a combination of these. You can vary your rota to accommodate family commitments or you can work shifts that fit your off-duty rota, it's your choice.
- Salary of up to £13.54/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Criminal record (DBS) check refunded after initial period
- Free training and uniform through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
You will need
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care highly preferable
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months.
Why Should You Apply?
Treating our staff well is at the centre of what we do. At Newcross we hire permanent staff, and with over 200 training courses on offer, we help them develop. It is important for us to provide stability to our people, we are not and never have been a 'zero hours' employer. All of our healthcare professionals have minimum hours guaranteed in their contracts, giving them the security of a steady income.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881.
Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80760383