Curriculum Leader - AAT
Curriculum Leader - AAT
Full time, permanent
£28,350 - £36,756 pro rata
Our client is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 our client merged with another college to form a group. The group is currently home to a population of over 4,600 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. Theyhave over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where they work with over 800 individual employers. Their Sixth Form provision has a reputation for high academic achievement and excellence.
Based in their Faculty of Professional studies, they are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified individual to lead the AAT provision at their campus. This is an exciting time to join a rapidly growing area and be part of building and shaping the AAT programme to enable staff and learners to reach their true potential. You will have relevant experience and will ideally hold a Level 5 teaching qualification or equivalent alongside extensive knowledge of AAT provision.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist the Curriculum Manager in setting targets for the recruitment and success of students at course level.
- To deliver excellent teaching, learning and assessment processes.
- To undertake the day-to-day co-ordination and deployment of staff teaching on the course.
Required Skills and Experience
- Have a first degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, or has recent and relevant industrial experience
- Has relevant experience in the Accounting Sector
- Has a relevant teaching qualification (DTLLS or equivalent)
- Has a detailed knowledge and understanding of current teaching practice within the curriculum area.
What's in it for you? The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days annual leave (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period)
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, our client welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply
To apply for the role of Curriculum Leader - AAT, please click on 'Apply' and complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 15 th April 2018.
Interviews to be held on 25 th April 2018.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80623620