Full Time Secondary Specialist Teaching Assistant Required from April 2018
Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant looking for a full time position to begin ASAP?
Are you available for an immediate start?
Have you supported students aged 11-18 years in previous roles?
Please read on as this could be the position for you.
We are working on behalf of an Academy in Middlesbrough to recruit a Secondary Specialist Teaching Assistant to support students across a number of subjects/faculties. This role will also involve working closely with students with SEN&D aged 11-16 with the opportunity to work with Sixth Form Students also.
This position is full time to begin this week. In the first instance, the role will be temporary with the possibility of becoming permanent for the right candidate.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Teaching Assistant:
- Help identify and organise study for learners
- Provide group support sessions/workshops for learners
- Develop one-to-one mentoring relationships with learners
- Liaise with tutors and other support services to identify issues relating barriers to learning
- Maintain records of learners being supported
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
- Qualified to a minimum of a BA (Hons) or equivalent
- Experience of working with young people
- Experience of working in a supportive/coaching role
- The ability to establish positive and supportive working relationships with young people
- Effective communication skills
Please select ‘Apply Now’ or contact Donna Bainbridge at 123 Teachers for more information today; Tel: 01325 734833.
123Teachers are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and a range of other recruitment vetting checks. 123Teachers are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.