Female PA/Carer/Support Worker
1 full time post 36 hours per week
1 part time post 24 hours per week
Likely to be a third post 48 hours per week due to staff member long term illness. Still to be confirmed.
PERSONAL CARE ASSISTANT
Job Title: Personal Care Assistant
Location of Work: With the employer
Wages: You will receive £11.86 per hour Sunday 12:01am – Friday 12am and £14.98 per hour Friday 12:01am - Sunday 12am. Bank holidays are treated as normal working days and you will be paid the normal rate on these days.
Purpose of Job: It is the job of the personal care assistant to assist the clients in all areas of personal care, household chores and accessing the community.
Responsibilities of the Job:
• Your role is to provide both people with the help they need so that they can live the way they choose.
The following tasks may or may not form part of your working hours and will vary according to what both people have planned. Ideally you will be flexible both in terms of your role and also hours of working which again could be variable according to our plans.
1. Assisting both people to independently take care of their pets
2. Personal care
4. Medication and CPAP
5. Continence care
6. Help with university work and any job roles
7. Cooking and feeding
8. Driving large vehicle
9. Domestic tasks such as supporting with the environment
10. Family and community- support to maintain family roles and relationships, access community, running errands and activities etc.
11. Working days, nights, weekends, bank holidays and waking nights etc.
12. Helping with paperwork, bills, letters etc.
13. Assisting with childcare
14. PEG care
15. Respiratory care
16. Medical care
Personal Care Assistant Qualities
• Able to accept responsibility
• Willing to learn
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Common sense
• Open to discussion and change
• Good with time management (punctual)
• Able to drive (particularly large vehicles)
• Organisational Skills
• Good personality
• Laid back
• Enjoys new places and people
• Can go away for weekends and holidays
• Respect a disabled persons dignity and independence
We can offer free online training to all PA’s and a free diploma/NVQ in health and social care. With the online training you will also receive certificates as proof of completion. You will also receive in-house training and support until you are settled into the job. Experience in care is not required but would be beneficial. You also receive a free DBS for Child and Adult. We are exempt from sexual discrimination due to the personal care included in job tasks. We now run the care certificate. Nominee for Best Individual Employer 2017/2018 http://www.skillsforcare.org.uk/Getting-involved/Accolades-awards/Accolades-awards.aspx