Care Assistants / Senior Care Assistants
Job Title: Care Assistants / Senior Care Assistants
Location: Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
Salary: £7.83 to £8.67 per hour dependant on experience
Position: Full and Part time
Sector: Healthcare / Social Care
Opportunities are available for enthusiastic and dedicated Care Assistants to join an established, luxury Nursing Home located in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands. We welcome new staff and offer excellent benefits, genuine training opportunities and flexible hours including a choice of day, night or weekend shifts. Successful Care Assistants will earn £7.83 to £8.67 per hour dependant on experience, with an opportunity for succession planning into more senior roles.
Wyndley Grange and Wyndley Mill Nursing Homes are located in a beautiful lakeside setting, on the edge of Sutton Park Nature Reserve. It is a family run business, with a genuine passion and commitment to providing a high standard of nursing care for all residents. Sutton Town Centre is within walking distance, and offers excellent transport links by bus and train.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will:
- Consistently deliver a high standard of care to all residents, working under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Fully support or assist residents to maintain all activities of daily living, and ensure that their personal care, physical and emotional needs are met with dignity.
- Assist the Registered Nurses in the planning of care, participating in the evaluation and review of each resident for whom you are a key worker.
- Act as a role model to less experienced Care Assistants, providing support and direction, and ensure all allocated tasks are delivered to a high standard.
- Ensure all residents, relatives and visitors are addressed in a professional manner at all times.
You will possess:
- NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a care environment, preferably within an older person setting
- Proven experience in the supervision, allocation and co-ordination of work to less experienced Care Assistants.
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise care and work under your own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A caring and compassionate disposition
We also welcome interest from Care Assistants who are keen to further their career within an older person setting. Ideally you will have an NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care and 6 months previous experience in a care environment. You will also have a caring and compassionate disposition, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work under your own initiative or as part of a team.
Working alongside the Senior Care Assistant, you will consistently provide a high standard of care. You will support residents with all care needs such as personal hygiene, dressing, assisting with meal times, and encourage and help residents to take part in individual and group activities to improve their sense of wellbeing.
- A competitive salary of £7.83 to £8.67 per hour dependant on experience
- 28 days annual leave per year (including all bank holidays)
- Comprehensive induction programme on commencement of employment
- Genuine ongoing training and development opportunities
- Employer Contributory Pension Scheme
- Generous paid breaks for all shifts, with meals provided if working a long day
- Free DBS and flu vaccination
- Professional staff uniform
- Pleasant working environment, with purpose built staff room and all amenities
If you are interested in the Care Assistant / Senior Care Assistant position, and would like to join an established friendly team, then we would be delighted to hear from you. Please submit your CV with a covering letter stating which position you are applying for, and explaining why you believe you are suitable for the role. Informal visits are encouraged and welcome.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80913081