Resource Admin Support
About the roleBalfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Resource Support Administrator to join our Gas & Water business unit to work in Worsley.
What you'll be doing
As a Resource Support Administrator you will:
- Support managers in arranging disciplinarians and grievances
- Be responsible for HR administrative tasks including monthly absence reporting, management of holiday carryover plus all other ad hoc HR requests as required in conjunction with P&OD
- Process all procurement requests relating to facilities management for all sites, depots and yards, including repair and maintenance requests and site security issues
- Be responsible for processing all stationery and furniture requests
- Carry our receptionist duties as required including the welcoming of all visitors ensuring they sign in and out of the building, the prompt answering of all incoming telephone calls and the distribution of incoming and franking of outgoing mail
Who we're looking for
- Have good IT skills in Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Have previous experience of working in a similar environment
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have excellent planning/organisational skills
- Be competent in use of MS Office – Excel, Word, Outlook
Why work for usDay in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
About usBalfour Beatty’s Gas & Water teams work in the UK and internationally, providing expertise and experience to support a stable and safe supply of these vital services. Working on long-term, large-scale contracts, we build close, collaborative relationships with our clients. Our teams bring technical knowledge and in-depth industry experience to projects, provide exceptional customer service and introduce innovative approaches to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and the environment. Our water operations cover the whole lifecycle of networks, including clean and waste water mains, metering, treatment facilities and other essential infrastructure. Working closely with the supply chain, we employ industry-leading approaches like BIM and offsite construction to bring cost and time efficiencies to projects. In the gas sector, we work to expand and renew underground mains, often in busy and high-impact residential and commercial areas. We work closely with clients to manage and plan work intelligently in these areas, minimising the impact this essential work has on local communities. We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation. Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall’s Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life. We are also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence ‘Employer Recognition Scheme’ and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.