We have an exciting opportunity for a good all round Operations General Manager to join a successful, privately owned, group of five holiday parks based in the heart of Lincolnshire. As the Operations Manager you will thrive on delivering outstanding customer service and have the ability to enthuse your operational teams. A flexible approach to working hours and the ability to deal with confidential information is a key part of this role. Your role as General Operations Manager will encompass dealing with Health & Safety, HR, GDPR and Accountancy matters. You will not be expected to be proficient in all of these areas as the company do engage experts, however the ability to deal with all of these aspects in a professional manner will be required. The company offer a fabulous, friendly working environment, join them and you will become part of this successful, family team. You will be financially astute, with proven senior management skills, even better if you have knowledge of the workings of holidays parks and can "hit the ground running".
Key Operations Manager Responsibilities:
- Day to day management of staff, including recruitment and discipline
- Ensure all parks conform with legislation regarding Health & Safety
- Oversee the preparation of quarterly and annual statutory accounts and be aware of day to day accountancy functions
- Monitor company cash flow and banking, including approval of payments and preparation of cash flow forecasts
- Procure goods, negotiate and agree terms with suppliers
- Deal with licencing applications and renewals
- Ensure that all managers and staff have clear objectives and that their performance is reviewed regularly
- Ensure that guests are treated with the highest standard customer service, dealing with complaints quickly and efficiently
Personal Specification - Operations General Manager:
- Proven experience of managing staff (heads of department, full and part time staff including maintenance and grounds maintenance staff)
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure
- Holiday park knowledge an advantage, but not essential
- Own transport
- Sound financial understanding
- Good sense of humour
- An excellent team player
- Good IT skills (Microsoft packages)
- Excellent, proven customer service skills
The Group turn over £7M and encompass high value holiday homes and lodge sales, food and beverage operations and top class leisure facilities, including swimming pools, spa's, fishing lakes, golf course and tennis courts.
If you are currently working as a Financial Accountant, Management Accountant, HR Specialist, Operations Manager, General Manager this may a good opportunity for you.
The job is within commutable distance from Grimsby, Horncastle, Louth, Market Rasen, Skegness.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80953657