Chef - Flexible hours
6 days left
What it’s about
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and qualified Chef with 5* catering and hospitality experience to join a dynamic and customer focused catering team working to produce and deliver excellent services to all Cambridge Assessment staff, guests and visitors.
What you’ll be doing
- Preparation, cooking and serving of high-quality food whilst delivering excellent catering service and hospitality to all CA employees and visitors of the organisations within any of CA locations. Operation of tills and cashless system.
- Plan and order food as required ensuring that stock is properly rotated and level maintained. Work with the team to ensure new ideas and food offer is kept in line with the High Street offer.
- To support the catering management team into directing and instructing the Catering assistant daily work
- Maintain high standards of hygiene, cleanliness and overall presentation of staff and premises to ensure that the Catering Department’s reputation is maintained. Ensuring all kitchen and catering equipment are clean and serviceable before use and any catering areas are kept in a tidy, clean and hygienic condition at all time.
- Comply with Group Values and Departmental Competencies framework. Comply with all internal procedures and policies and legislative compliance such as Health and Safety, Fire Policy, Uniform policy and Food Hygiene Regulations including HACCP and CA Food Safety policy.
What we’re looking for
The ideal Chef will be an enthusiastic and self-motivated team player with great attention to detail. You will be able to plan your own work and have a proven ability to manage your workload when under pressure to meet multiple deadlines and will enjoy contributing to the excellent reputation of the department.
- Basic Food Hygiene qualifications
- Catering qualification such as City and Guilds or NVQ level 3 minimum
- Prioritise day to day work routine and workflow
- Extensive knowledge of food safety
- Stock rotation
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Customer service focus
- Previous experience of working in the catering industry.
- Experience of preparing, cooking and serving meals as well as dealing with customers face to face.
- Team player
- Listen to others
- Open to changes
- Positive mental attitude
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment is Europe's largest assessment group, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessments to eight million candidates in 170 countries every year. The Group is a department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sports Centre, along with various other local gyms.
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range of flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 29 April 2018 and interviews will be held on 7 May 2018.
As a fair and equal employer, we want to make sure you have all the information you need about the job, so we always incorporate the job description into our ads. If you’re invited for interview you’ll also receive that job description as a separate document.
In this spirit of transparency, if you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate.
We wish you all the very best with your application.