Sales Engineer - FlightGlobal
Sales Engineer – FlightGlobal – London
Working at FlightGlobal is dynamic and exciting. We have a can-do culture and, having doubled in size in the last three years, it’s a fast moving business with big ambitions. You need to be solutions orientated with a positive approach to life and work.
We’ve been pioneering aviation insight for over 100 years, providing essential access to the aviation market with insight, data and news.
Reporting into the Sales Engineers Global Team Leader, the Sales Engineer works to support the development of new business from existing and new clients.
As part of the Product organisation, you will be the go-to person for a very successful sales team. Your role will be to help drive top-line growth for FlightGlobal by working with your sales, product management and marketing colleagues to directly support prospective and existing clients during the sales process.
Based in London, this role will support the FlightGlobal Product Portfolio for the Travel and Transport market with a focus on products which provide services to organisations who support travellers e.g. Travel Management companies and online travel agents. Examples of these data and analytics products include Waivers, schedules & connections and FlightStatus
Travel may be up to 30% in order to provide in-person support for field sales initiatives regionally and globally
- Assist sales calls remotely or face to face in qualifying opportunities and delivering product demonstrations and presentations
- Summarise from a technical point of view what the customer wants/is hoping to achieve
- Qualify in/out early what customer problems we can solve from a technical point of view
- Understand customer requirements and map these out against our capabilities
- Contribute to the production of sales proposals, RFPs and tender documents
- Train the sales team ongoing in understanding FlightGlobal’s solutions and in delivering excellent product demonstrations
- Work with Product Managers to create and maintain sales collateral: slide decks, proposals, PPTs, sell sheets, emails to customer etc
- Experience in pre-sales or sales role, working collaboratively with Sales Teams, understanding the full sales life cycle & processes
- Proven experience gained within a Technology and/or Data focused organisation
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, especially in client-facing contexts.
- Ability to convey technical subject matters in simple business-friendly terms
- Highly motivated self-starter, naturally pro-active with a great sense of initiative
- MS Office expertise, including strong PowerPoint skills
- Ability to travel globally, sometimes at relatively short notice
- Language skills desirable
The Regional Sales Engineer will typically be compensated with a base salary plus an annual bonus tied to the amount of revenue generated by the sales team.
About Reed Business Information
Reed Business Information (RBI) provides information, analytics and data to business professionals worldwide. Our strong global products and services hold market-leading positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every day. RBI is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers across industries.
RBI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
RBI General Benefits Package:
- Pension Scheme
- 29 Days Holiday
- Paid Charity Days – 2 days per year
- Life Insurance (4x salary)
- Save As You Earn Share Scheme (SAYE)
- Competitive Salaries