Front of House Coordinator
We have 2 opportunities available to join our team in Gilwell Park, Essex as a Front of House Coordinator. You will join us on a part time basis working 16 hours per week for a fixed term contract for 2 years. Shift patterns will be Saturday and Sundays from 7.30am-15.30pm & 13.30pm-21.30pm You will receive a competitive salary of £8,399.60 per annum based on pro rata of £20,999 plus fantastic benefits.
The Front of House Coordinator duties and key responsibilities:
- Ensure Reception is clean and tidy and creates an excellent first impression of Gilwell Park.
- Ensure reception and the main building is secure when left unattended or at the end of a shift and consult with the duty manager upon doing so.
- Greet all visitors politely, professionally and assist meeting their requirements.
- Respond to incoming calls efficiently and politely - either by dealing with the enquiry or by redirecting the enquiry as appropriate.
- Maintain a full working knowledge of the building, personnel within it and the local geographical area.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of all the products, services and facilities at Gilwell Park.
- Take bookings and enquiries as necessary and adopt an 'up-sell' approach that supports business growth at every opportunity.
- Respond to guest feedback as appropriate and ensure that the relevant follow up actions are taken.
- Manage and update screen based consoles displaying venue information.
- Support the Front of House Supervisor in delivering the annual accommodation budget both income and expenditure.
- Support the Front of House Supervisor in producing monthly forecasts to facilitate the management of the accommodation budget.
- Support the Front of House Supervisor in managing our guest satisfaction through Google reviews, Trip Advisor and other agency platforms, achieving an average of 85% satisfaction.
- Deal with complaints promptly, effectively and politely adopting the '3As' approach (Apologise, Appreciate, Assure) before escalating to the Front of House Supervisor.
- Support colleagues across the team with administrative duties
What we're looking for in our Front of House Coordinator
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels within and outside of Scouting, both orally and in writing with demonstrable understanding of outstanding customer service and guest care
- Possess excellent time management and organisational skills, with an ability to influence and negotiate
- Experience of building customer relationships both over the phone and face to face telesales
- Highly comfortable with accountability and responsibility
- Proven record of being customer focused, with an ability to effectively manage complaints
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages
- Excellent organisational and logistical skills
- Confidence and ability to manage own workload
- Highly motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
- Excellent attention to detail, ensuring quality and consistency is maintained at all times
- Committed to making our customers happy and our business a success
- Experience of working within a Hotel Conference/Event Venue reception environment for at least 2 years with knowledge of the hospitality and conference industry and or/outdoor industry
What we can offer you as our Front of House Coordinator
- Subsidised Lunch
- Free Parking
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
Scouting changes lives. We make a positive difference in our communities and improve the life chances and outcomes of young people from every background. We get the chance to work with young people at the most important time in their lives: their childhood.
So if you would like to join the team as a Front of House Coordinator then please click 'apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you!
Details of closing and Interview date
Closing Date: Tuesday 3rd April 2018 at 12 pm
Interview Date: TBC
The Scout Association aims to be an equal opportunities employer.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960376239