Senior Night Support/Care Worker (Full or Part Time) at Springbank
Are you the type of person who enjoys helping others and making a difference to someone’s life? If you do, then a support worker career could be for you!
Shaw healthcare are recruiting for Senior Support Workers to deliver a quality of care and support to our service users in line with our care principles of 'wellness, happiness, and kindness'. You will work together with other support workers to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met.Main responsibilities
Essential Duties of a Senior Support Worker
- To provide the Carers with the direction, leadership, guidance and support they need to ensure residents they are assigned to receive person centred care in line with their individual needs.
- You will ensure residents are given choices in their personal care, and that all care delivered is documented and up to date on the care plans, and support their well-being through observation and empathy and responding to their needs.
- Good understanding of the disabilities, health and social care needs of our service users and assist those who have mobility or continence needs, using the appropriate aids and equipment;
Essential Skills of a Senior Support Worker
- A positive and caring person, who is confident and able to deliver individualised care and support in-line with each of our residents support guidelines;
- Communicate and engage effectively with our service users, their families and colleagues,
- Strong interpersonal and working relationship skills
- You will be at the very heart of our industry, so you will to be reliable, dependable and committed to make a difference to our service.
As the role requires work with vulnerable people and delivering personal care and support, your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including referencing Disclosure and Barring Service Check.About the company
Do I need previous experience…?
Experience in care is essential for this role; preferably you will be QCF/NVQ Level 2 or above qualified in Health and Social Care.
What benefits will I receive?
Shaw healthcare have an excellent employee benefit programme, which includes:
- Full paid induction programme
- Paid annual leave – 28 days per year inclusive of bank holidays
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Meals while on Shift
- Child care vouchers
- Quarterly incentive scheme
- Pension scheme
- Excellent development and promotion opportunities
- Work towards a QCF qualification
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Excellent rates of pay
- Employee assistance program to all contracted staff including face to face counselling
Why Shaw healthcare?
Shaw healthcare provides a high standard of health and social care in services across England, Wales and Scotland. Our high quality care and support services places the individual at the centre of all we do and is based on our core values of wellness, happiness and kindness. We are unique as a major healthcare provider in being 86% owned by employees and 14% owned by The Shaw Foundation, a grant making charity.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80618087