Childrens Care Assistant (waking nights)
Children’s Care Assistant (waking nights)
Do you have previous experience caring for children with complex clinical needs? Would you love a rewarding role as a Children’s Care Assistant (waking nights) supporting a child at home?
If so, why not work for Active Assistance where you can provide one to one support in the Childs own home. We are looking for a reliable, enthusiastic and flexible Children’s Care Assistant (waking nights) for our client in Hythe.
Our mission statement is to “enable people to live as individually and independently as possible and support them to achieve their goals and aspirations”
Children’s Care Assistant (waking nights)required in Hythe
Your role as a Children’s Care Assistant (waking nights) will be to support our young client with complex health needs in their own home overnight. You will be required to monitor the child throughout the night to ensure that all their medical needs are attended to. As you will be in a family environment, a need to respect privacy is essential.
Ideal candidates will have experience of working with children with complex conditions using equipment such as tracheostomies, ventilators and PEG. We do provide full specialist training and shadow shifts to ensure that you feel confident in your role as a Children’s Care Assistant (waking nights).
Salary, Shift Times and Benefits
- £9.50 per hour for waking night shifts. Salary is calculated as an hourly rate of pay multiplied by the number of hours worked.
- Accrued holiday pay
- Waking night shifts (10pm-7am)
- This post can be worked as a part time or full-time position, depending on your availability
- This role is classed as temporary as during your time working with Active Assistance there may be opportunities to work with other clients
- You will be employed by Active Assistance on a flexible contract
- Enhanced rates for Bank Holidays
- Employees will be auto-enrolled into the NEST Pension Scheme
- DBS Certificate (please note that if you leave within your 3-month probation period the cost of this will be deducted from your salary)
- Refer a Friend Scheme *Please see full Terms and Conditions on our website
Training and Career Opportunities
We provide our PA’s with free award winning training at one of our training venues around the country. Once you start work with us you will receive on-going training and support from Clinical Managers and Head Office.
This role is a great opportunity to develop a career in Health and Social care. We offer prospects to progress your career within the company and have a Training scheme.
Training for the Health and Social Care Sector – a recognised vocational qualification for healthcare professionals working in the UK
What qualifications are on offer?
- Adult Care Worker Level 2, Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3, Children & Young People Level 2, Children and Young People Level 3
Active Assistance is an award-winning care provider supporting individuals with complex and continuing health care needs. Our philosophy is based on the principle that each client is unique and our services provide tailored support covering complex clinical conditions.
Active Assistance is committed to safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable adults and children. All applicants must be willing to undergo the appropriate screening. This includes checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.
Active Assistance Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer. However due to the nature of the position there is a Genuine Occupational Requirement to recruit female Personal Healthcare Assistants.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80644702