Executive Assistant to Managing Director (MD)
A life-changing opportunity with great career progression at Urbanist Architecture, recognised nationally for creating inspiring residential developments.
Urbanist Architecture is looking to recruit an Executive Assistant to MD of the practice.
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years previous experience gained within a similar role as Architectural Assistant / Executive Assistant / Personal Assistant / Secretary and should demonstrate experience working closely with important decision makers.
The role is very hands on as you will always need to stay one step ahead, take confident control, organise and support the MD as well as add value to the projects MD is involved. Therefore, the role would suit an excellent communicator who is confident with strong initiative to work independently and has effective leadership, people management and teamwork skills.
This is a challenging, customer focussed role which will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to develop a career in architecture, property and business development.
The successful candidate will receive an attractive salary package and private health insurance.
- Acting as the first point of contact to the MD & acting on behalf of and representing the MD.
- Maintaining MD's calendar by determining priorities, organising and scheduling appointments, planning and monitoring projects, and collaborating and cooperating with the other directors and colleagues.
- Managing telephone calls and enquiries.
- Drafting emails and reports, collecting and analysing information, presentations and spreadsheets, and initiating correspondence.
- Assisting in the production of project proposals.
- Maintaining the smooth operation of the software MD uses through proactively managing and updating the customer relationship management and task management systems.
- Building strong relationships with, and develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of, clients and projects.
- Assisting in the management of the Company’s social media accounts.
- Providing support to the Office Assistant in monitoring, reviewing and improving internal performance measures, and documenting progress and changes.
- Participating in proactive upward management of business development and other firm-wide initiatives.
- ·Upholds ethics and values of the Company and demonstrates integrity.
- Shows evidence of clear analytical thinking.
- Gets to the heart of complex problems and issues.
- Plans ahead and works in a systematic and organised way.
- Focuses on customer satisfaction and delivers a quality service or product to the agreed standards.
- Deals with ambiguity, making positive use of the opportunities it presents.
- Speaks clearly and fluently, and writes clearly, succinctly, correctly and convincingly, and in an engaging and expressive manner.
- Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances.
- Monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
- Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way to consistently achieve goals.
You can join Urbanist Architecture if you are 100% committed to excellence, if you love serving clients, if you are passionate about architecture, and if you always tell the truth. If any of those four boxes are not ticked, please don't apply. We put chemistry and cultural fit high on our priority list. We hire the best and brightest.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions.
Strictly no recruitment agencies. please don't waste your time and ours.