Care Assistant (NVQ Level 2 or 3)
Pentlow Nursing Home, Eastbourne have vacancies for Care Assistants (Qualified NVQ Level 2 or 3) working Full or Part time on a Day or Night Shift.
Purpose of Role:
As a Care Assistant you will show warmth and support to the residents, helping to promote independence and dignity and positively enhance the lives of the individuals in your care. If you have knowledge and experience of caring for elderly people, come from a caring background and have a genuine love and understanding of older people then this job could be for you.
- Provide a high level of care to our residents ensuring their wellbeing
- Provide personal care, maintaining a high level of hygiene
- Accurately recording observations in accordance with the resident’s conditions, informing the Senior Nurse on duty of any changes and responding accordingly
- Supporting our residents to maintain their independence
- Identifying and assisting with residents’ needs
- Serving meals
- Assisting our residents as necessary
- Ideally you will have some experience in the Healthcare sector although we will provide you with all the training you need to be successful in the role.
- Qualified to NVQ Level 2 Diploma or above
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends
- Caring personality
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in written form
In return, we will offer you:
- A highly competitive basic salary
- A range of benefits designed to support your development and wellbeing.
- Industry recognised training
- Developing your qualifications. The Canford Healthcare Group provides all employees the opportunity to develop their career by gaining appropriate qualifications, for example NVQ Level 3.
- Other benefits including a rewards scheme offering discounts from retailers.
Pentlow Nursing Home’s philosophy is to create a secure, relaxed, happy and homely atmosphere for the residents to live in and for the staff to work in. We specialise in providing quality nursing and residential care for the elderly. Pentlow Nursing Home is part of the Canford Healthcare group of homes.
If you would like to join our successful team, please select "apply now" and forward us your CV.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80773021