Location: Sawbridgeworth, CM21 9JP
Salary: £8-£9, per hour
Contract: Full time, Part time, flexible working arrangements available
Annual Leave: 224hrs (pro-rata for part-time)
We are now currently recruiting for a Support Worker to join us in Sawbridgeworth, read on for more information on this opportunity!
Support Worker - Job Purpose:
- To support each individual within their own home.
- To respond to the service user's individual needs and assist the service user to maximise their independence.
- To support and assist with all aspects of daily living including personal care and environment management.
- To support the service user with leisure, recreational, educational and employment based activities.
- To support the service user to become a valued and active member of their local community.
- The direct delivery of care to our service users, in congruence with the six values; these are choice, fulfilment, privacy, dignity, rights, and independence.
- To work with other staff in a manner that promotes team-building, within the scope of company policy & procedures.
- To provide support towards planning a well-structured programme of leisure activities and social skills training.
- Ensure the care plan is followed to promote the service user's intended outcomes.
- Complete the daily entries as an accurate record and assist the line manager in evaluating the outcomes
- Ensure the risk assessment is followed and alert the line manager to any concerns.
- Dispense medication if and when required according to medical instructions.
- Help the service users make any necessary medical appointments, and attend with them as required.
- Promote the service user to enhance & develop their daily living skills.
- Provide support to service users with their personal care as & when required.
- Assist service users to manage their personal finances & budgeting.
- Support the service user to maintain their tenancy agreement, and everything involved with this.
- Offer assistance to access community based activities, leisure time, education and supported employment.
- Protect the welfare of service users, and follow the company's safeguarding procedure.
- Help service users to maintain & keep their environment clean.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of caring for a relative or within a care role and/or voluntary work within social care.
- NVQ level 2 (or equivalent) in care or willingness to work towards
- Willingness to train in TMA (breakaway training)
- Knowledge of health and safety
- Knowledge of caring for a service user in a supported living environment
Skills & Qualities:
- Honest and reliable
- Good observation and listening skills
- Ability to give constructive feedback
- Good written communication skills.
- Good verbal communication skills and command of English language.
- Ability to manage behaviours, remain calm and follow instructions effectively when in challenging situations.
- Able to supervise / coach others
- Commitment to philosophy of care in the community
- Genuine understanding and empathy with people.
- Positive and professional manner.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960457434