NCS Programme Manager (Delivery)
Join The Challenge's core staff team as a Programme Manager during the delivery period of our 2018 Summer NCS programme.
The NCS Programme Manager is responsible for managing the operational delivery of our National Citizen Service (NCS) programmes for young people. You will manage and develop a team of logistical and pastoral staff, providing leadership & coaching as appropriate. You will be expected to ensure high quality and safe programme delivery, with the ability to respond quickly & effectively to critical incidents and emergencies.
This role is perfect for motivated individuals with experience of line managing teams and youth engagement.
- Provide effective leadership for the delivery & quality of the NCS programmes, building a strong team which is well bonded and clearly directed.
- Support, develop and directly manage a team of Programme Associate Managers, Assistant Programme Managers and Administrators, ensuring they have clear personal development plans & objectives.
- Indirectly support and manage a range of pastoral support staff working on the NCS programme (including leaders, mentors, support staff and facilitators).
- Support Associate Managers in the management of their programmes, advising on, and where appropriate making, decisions on behavioural, safeguarding & staff management issues.
- Ensure that your programmes are fully risk assessed on an on-going basis. Develop high quality community partnerships with a range of local charities & social enterprises.
- Provide logistical direction & management as required on areas including transport, venues and residential accommodation, ensuring that these are delivered within budget.
- Provide out-of-hours on-call cover as part of a rota through delivery periods.
The Challenge is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the young people taking part in the programme. We expect all seasonal staff to share this commitment.