Hospitality & Catering Apprentice - Central Bedfordshire College
Hospitality & Catering Apprentice
Full time: 37 hours per week
Duration: 18 Months
Salary: £9,620 per annum
We are seeking to appoint a Hospitality and Catering Apprentice to join our team at Central Bedfordshire College.
The successful candidate will be providing food for a number of different markets, including buffets, restaurants and café events as well as participating in competitions.
Duties will include:
- To provide operational support to all areas of hospitality to enable the Hospitality Central Services to meet objectives.
- Team work and communication with an overall approach that values people.
- Maintain a healthy, hygienic and safe working environment.
- Lead a team to improve customer service.
- Develop working relationships with colleagues.
- Supervise the production of food and functions.
- Supervise cellar and drink storage.
- Manage the receipt, storage and dispatch of goods.
- Monitor and solve customer service problems.
Requirements and prospects:
- Basic cookery skills.
- Basic knowledge of beverage production.
- Customer service skills.
- Food service skills.
- Well presented, clean and friendly.
- Maths and English grade C desired but not essential.
- Progression onto an Advanced Apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- You will be required to work long hours spent being active.
- Hard work and good customer service will be of the utmost importance.
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, 2nd May 2018
All roles are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure.