Location: North East (Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Hartlepool, Durham, Sunderland)
Salary: Up to £590 per week
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION IF YOU HAVE NO SPARE BEDROOM OR BIRTH CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 10.
We urgently need foster carers with a spare room, but also space in their lives and hearts to care for a child. Apply today and find out how you and your spare room can make a real and lasting difference in the North East (Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Hartlepool, Durham, Sunderland)
As one of the UKs leading children’ charities, we’re not motivated by profit. What’s right for children drives everything we do. This includes children who can no longer live with their families, where most (c.80%) remain with our carers for over two years.
As a Foster Carer, you will benefit from:
· One to one support, 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year
· Ongoing training and development
· Paid planned breaks
· Careful matching
· Competitive pay
· Support groups and Social events
To become a Foster Carer you will need to possess the following:
· Experience of working with or caring for children - this could be through family contact, being a parent, volunteering or employment
· A spare bedroom in your home and be over the age of 25
· Energy, commitment, willingness to learn and ability to see behind behaviours
· The ability to care for a child full time in your own home and able to prioritise fostering over any other roles (if you are considering part time - there might be opportunities too)
We value our carers. 91% polled in the past year say we have made their job easier and 85% prefer fostering to their previous job.
As a leading children’s charity we put people before profits.
Please click to APPLY for the opportunity to become a Foster Carer in and around The North East
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960474625