• Working as part of the National Team on a wide variety of projects
• Drafting and negotiating contracts dealing with all aspects of acquisition, development and disposals
• Carrying out and supervising due diligence and reporting
• Providing clients with focused legal advice with an appreciation of clients' commercial objectives
• Reporting to clients, communicating directly with them and building relationships
• Involvement in business development and assistance with client management.
• Assisting with writing articles and client updates
• At all times complying with client and firm protocols, financial management requirements and data protection requirements.
• A qualified solicitor, experienced in commercial and / or residential development, typically to have been gained over approximately 5 years (or more) post qualification. Such experience to include ideally: acquisitions, disposals, conditional contracts, options, reviewing and reporting on title.
• Strong technical skills and an ability to understand and work through complex issues.
• A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues and to be highly client focused.
• Ability to operate with a high level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
• Team oriented and collegiate with an experience of and a willingness to mentor, coach and supervise less experienced members of teams.
• Exposure to and success within business development activities.
• Confident communicator with an ability to develop relationships, undertake client marketing and influence at all levels. Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues, building up strong relationships.
• Strong organisation skills to ensure a pragmatic and methodical approach to handling a variety of Real Estate matters simultaneously,
• Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
• Able to handle a complex and constantly changing workload and to work under pressure.
• Detail conscious with a concern for quality.
• Ability to deliver against client protocols and KPIs.
The team (if available)
[enter text here]
About the firm
With over 2,300 people, DAC Beachcroft combines one of the most comprehensive UK legal networks with coverage across Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia-Pacific. We provide a full service claims, transactional, commercial, risk and advisory capability. We work with clients in a select range of industry sectors and are market leaders in health, insurance and real estate. We are agile, progressive and easy to engage with.
We are committed to supporting the communities where we operate through charitable giving, pro bono work and programmes such as those operated by Business in the Community and The Prince's Trust.
In Legal 500 UK, 2017, the firm received top tier ranking for 29 of its practice areas and 60 practice areas in the top two tiers. In addition, Chambers UK, 2017, awarded 99 rankings to our partners and professionals as leading lawyers and 57 rankings in 30 separate practice areas, 36 of these rankings being in Band 1 and 2.
DAC Beachcroft holds certification under ISO9001, the quality assurance standard and ISO27001, the information security standard, and DAC Beachcroft LLP is the largest law firm in the country to hold a Gold Investors in People award.