The future of the UK's Energy is in our hands. Join us and make it your job to see our ideas come to life.
We are on the lookout for a Despatch Assistant to join our logistics team based in Ulverston, Cumbria. This is a varied position which will enable you to work within a close- knit team. The Despatch department is a high pressured, time sensitive area with a large number and variety of internal and external customers. Customer requirement and intervention along with external regulatory bodies require a wide understanding of both internal process and external regulation, both areas of which vary according to the destination of the items being shipped.
As our Despatch Assistant you will:
- Create and prepare all documents needed for despatch, in order to ensure a timely and cost-efficient delivery
- To Assemble and prepare goods
- Maintain processing logistics data, in order to make the flow of goods and values secure and efficient.
- Ensure the safe and timely delivery of products
- Assist with accurate and timely submission of Customs and Excise IPR records
- Liaise with all departments to ensure customer despatch requirements are met
- Assist in other areas of dispatch as appropriate
- Ensure Section 3 of Group HSE manual is adhered to at all times.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
- PC literate
- Experience with a Despatch/manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and understanding of customs procedures
- Has an understanding of SAP inventory management
- The ability to work methodically, accurately and concise
- Previous Health and Safety/Compliance training would be advantageous as would a FLT licence
We're Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them.
Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent onboard to be able to support us on this journey.
Our Subsea Excellence Centre is based in Ulverston, Cumbria. Siemens Subsea Connectors is recognised as a world leader in its field. The business has been providing subsea connectors for global oil and gas projects for over 30 years. This business will play a crucial part in the development of technology that Siemens is currently developing for use in water depths of up to 3,000 metres.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas ,of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone's lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what's right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens Energy Management recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from under-represented groups and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working options with our applicants, in particular where part-time working is required.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960536313