Senior Utilities Account Manager
The future of the UK's Energy is in our hands. Join us and make it your job to see our ideas come to life.
Siemens Operational Services, based at Central Park (Nottingham) is the home of smart metering services, water metering, large scale network metering and commercial & industrial usage management. We have been delivering these services for over 20 years and are now starting an exciting new phase of our development; participating in the governments national smart meter implementation program effecting every household and business in the UK.
We are on the lookout for a Senior Utilities Account Manager who can work out of our Nottingham site 2/3 days per week and the rest of the time could be worked from home.
This role is in the Commercial and Industrial metering business segment where we help customers to understand their energy usage, save money and receive accurate bills from their Energy Supplier. The purpose of the role is to lead a small team of Account Managers in the delivery of service based contracts to around 120 business customers in the best long term interests of both Siemens and the customer, whilst leading by example in the personal management of a small number of accounts.
You will have responsibility for management of the entire account process from acquiring new work to getting paid and directing operational teams to ensue customer satisfaction; resulting in generation of new opportunities, maximisation of in-contract revenue and successful contract renewals.
As our Senior Key Account Manager you will:
- Take responsibility for the management of a small number of key accounts including commercial aspects, growth, renewal and delivery satisfaction
- Directly manage the account team including; target setting and monitoring, performance reviews and day to day support, coaching and direction.
- Embed a consistent and professional approach to Account Management across the team, including customer and internal reporting, renewal planning and production and delivery of account plans differentiated to the characteristics of the customer types.
- Timely and accurately complete of all internal management reporting, approval and governance documentation including monthly reports and opportunity / revenue forecasts
- Input into the annual budgeting process and management and delivery of the outcomes.
- Solid account management experience gained within the utility sector
- Experience in leading a team and people management responsibilities
- Skilled in Microsoft packages particularly excel for performance reporting
- The ability to communicate, influence and present effectively at all levels within Siemens and customers
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Strong financial acumen and commercial awareness
- Full UK driving licence as this role will require frequent travel to meet customers
We're Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them.
Our daily lives depend on a steady supply of affordable energy. Our Energy Management Division is committed to meeting this energy challenge through the supply of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. Siemens are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries in how digitalisation is shaping the future of the energy industry; we need the best and brightest talent onboard to be able to support us on this journey.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We're excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but also an annual bonus and company car. We know that not everyone's lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. In addition to this we offer 26 days holiday, up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme, employee discounts and a flexible benefits package to match your lifestyle needs.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what's right for the world by employing the people who live in it. Siemens Energy Management recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from under-represented groups and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working options with our applicants, in particular where part-time working is required.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960536316