Beautiful, recently refurbished hotel in the Lake District is looking to recruit a guest focused Hotel Reception Manager
Reporting to the Hotel General Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day operations at front desk and reception team.
About the job
- Exceed guest expectations
- Ensure the smooth running of front desk within the hotel’s brand guidelines and established SOP’s
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the hotel operations
- Undertake personal training to become a “super-user” of Resort Suite, their software system.
- Support the team always, by being hands on and leading by example
- Carry out the recruitment, training and development of the front desk team
- Ensure that the team are included in an ongoing appraisal process, maintaining achievable objectives and continuous development plans.
- Be fully aware of the companies’ disciplinary procedures and take full responsibility for implementing these procedures fairly and consistently as necessary, in conjunction with HR
The ideal candidate
- A minimum of 2 years in a management position within a similar environment
- A good understanding of customer care and effective complaint handling.
- Previous experience of managing and developing a team
- A sound knowledge of working with PMS systems
- Should already have the legal right to work in the UK / EU and ideally be living in the UK (for interview attendance purposes)
Salary and benefits
- A beautiful, well equipped workplace in the Lake District National Park
- A collaborative, supportive working environment
- Excellent career prospects in an ever-expanding organisation
- Special rates for you and your friends & family to stay at sister hotels
- Staff discounts on treatments
- Social events throughout the year
Recruit Hospitality is a specialist hospitality recruitment consultancy and has been retained by this employer to help them find and recruit the perfect candidate. Our service to candidates (job seekers) is completely free and confidential.