Health and Safety Co-ordinator - Walsall College
Do you want to work for an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ college?
Walsall College is one of the leading colleges in the sector, being uniquely and proudly vocational, we are committed to bringing talent to life by maximising the potential of our students and staff.
We are currently looking for a Health and Safety Co-ordinator to join us on a permanent basis to assist in achieving compliance and excellence in Health and Safety across the College.
Developing and delivering a range of accredited and in-house training programmes, including First Aid and promoting a positive Health and Safety culture across College are key responsibilities for this role.
You will also be responsible for providing administrative support to the Health and Safety team and be expected to assist managers with the development of suitable and sufficient risk assessments.
For full specification requirements please refer to the job description to the right of this page.
In return, we offer;
- Competitive salaries.
- Enrolment into the West Midlands Pension Fund with generous employer contributions.
- Up to 29 days annual leave with generous additional closure days.
- Outstanding staff training and team building programme.
- ZEST is the College’s Health & Wellbeing initiative for our staff.
- Staff incentive schemes including Busy Bees Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme and ‘Best of Walsall’ discounts.
- Simply Health care scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
- Two state of the art campuses with the latest industry facilities, including our Graduate Salon of Hair and Beauty and on site Little Professors’ Nursery.
- Access to ‘The Hub’ offering a Gym, Spa & Sports Clinic and The Littleton Restaurant.
We are passionate about promoting equality of opportunity and creating a working environment where diversity is recognised and celebrated and everyone has the chance to reach their full potential. Our environment is diverse in character and student population. We particularly welcome applications from candidates from Black Minority Ethnic origin and those with a disability.
Walsall College is committed to safeguarding our children and young people/vulnerable adults. We uphold fundamental British Values and expect all our employees to do the same. All appointments are subject to safer recruitment checks, including previous employment checks and an Enhanced DBS Check.