Receptionist – 39 Hours per Week
£16,000-£16,500pa + Benefits
Bisham Abbey National Sports Centre
Bisham Abbey is one of Sport England`s National Sports Centres and is home to a number of National Governing Bodies of Sport. Bisham Abbey provides excellent facilities to Britain`s leading sports men and women, and aims to provide a world class experience where everything we do ensures that our customers are valued and their satisfaction and recommendation to others is paramount.
Bisham Abbey is also a Conferencing and Event Centre, boasting a large number of recently refurbished rooms and outdoor spaces for weddings, corporate events and team-building days. It is located close to London and major transport links, and sits on the borders of Berkshire and Buckinghamshire in stunning grounds on the banks of the River Thames.
We are currently recruiting for a part time receptionist to work 39 hours per week, covering shifts 5 days out of 7 on a rolling rota basis, you will be required to work earlies, lates, and weekends.
In the role of Receptionist you will be the front line customer service for the public entering Bisham Abbey National Sports Centre. This role will entail providing an excellent customer experience through outstanding communication skills, in person and over the telephone, and dealing with enquiries. Previous experience in a customer facing role in a busy environment is key to the role of Receptionist, and there will be training offered for customer care and disability awareness.
- Greet and book-in customers on a computerised booking system to the Leisure Centre
- Deal with cash transactions
- Ensure relevant information is continuously available to customers
- Deal with first line customer enquires or complaints
- Interact with customers via the customer desk telephone and emails, including taking customer bookings for hotel reservations and class bookings.
- Involvement in membership sales
Key skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Demonstrable previous experience of dealing face to face with customers in a busy environment
- Maths and English GCSE level C or equivalent
- Excellent communication and customer care skills
- Basic cash handling ability
- IT ability, with computerised booking system exposure being advantageous
- The ability to remain mature and calm under pressure
- An organised, team player, with high levels of interpersonal skills
Benefits available to the successful applicant include:
- 20 Days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays (Rising 1 day per year, up to a maximum of 25)
- Free Gym Membership
- Staff Meal Discount
- Paid Overtime Opportunities
- Pension Scheme
- Family Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Discount and Money Off Vouchers for a range of goods and services
- Work & Life Support ServiceOn occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80970549