Safety Specialist - Return to Work Programme
Learn more about Amazon’s long-term commitment to the UK.
We will make sure your transition back into the professional world is as smooth as possible. Here is what you can expect from us:
- You will receive coaching sessions and functional training that bring your skills up to speed before joining.
- Our managers are trained to develop every team member’s strengths and they will make sure to set you up for success.
- Besides regular developing meeting with your direct manager, you will be assigned a buddy and mentor that will support you during your starting period at Amazon.
- You will have the chance to work with brilliant people from all over the world.
- We value diversity of thoughts and Amazon gives you the opportunity to share your ideas with your manager and other teams to drive innovation.
- A peculiar culture based on our Leadership Principles. They are the foundation of everything we do. Whether we're discussing ideas for new projects or deciding on the best approach to solving a problem. Learn more about them here.
If you've had a career break of two years (or a little less, we're not overly fussy) then read on...
We are Amazon; we pioneer. Since opening in 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
And year-on-year, as we continue to grow, we need to work as smart as we can, to keep all our team members safe, fulfilled, motivated and empowered. To help us achieve this, we’re seeking an enthusiastic Safety Specialist. With your Bias for Action, we will need you to step in and support the Health and Safety (EHS) team in one of our Fulfillment Centers.
What will suitable applicants possess?
You will be an experienced, creative and hands-on individual who is passionate about Health and Safety in a professional context. In time, we’ll expect you to become as customer-centric as we are and apply this to your work every single day.
You will also need to be able to identify, coordinate and drive improvements in Safety while engaging operational and other support function business partners. The Safety Specialist will report directly to the Fulfillment Center EHS Manager.
• Assisting with the delivery of safety performance and monitoring, in line with personnel, team and functional goals and objectives,
• Facilitating and/or arranging training programs on critical Fulfillment Center EHS issues,
• Supporting the implementation of EHS programs within Fulfillment Center Operations, while delivering key risk assessment activities,
• Driving compliance with local and EU legislation,
• Ensuring that EHS systems are kept accurate at all times, with completed incident reports, alongside all supporting documentation,
• Assisting the EHS Manager with the construction of incident prevention programs,
• Contributing to Fulfillment Center requests for improvement of on-site safety and positively impact accident trends,
• Preparing responses to insurers or solicitors in response to any personal injury claims,
• Participating in the EU Fulfillment Center EHS Safety Audit Programme,
• Assist in coordinating and training new Health and Safety team members,
• Acting as a proxy for the EHS Manager, as and when required,
• Arranging, facilitating and contributing to Fulfillment Center Safety Steering Committee meetings,
• Arranging and conducting basic surveys and checks in the Fulfillment Center environment, looking into facility processes, Health and Safety supplies as well as employee behaviours.
• Qualified to NEBOSH Diploma/NVQ5 level, or you’re willing to achieve this goal within an agreed timescale,
• Able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of essential Environment, Health and Safety legislation,
• Hold alternative or equivalent degree level qualifications. others with relevant experience, from backgrounds that may differ from Safety disciplines, will also be considered.
• Possess experience of Lean, 5S and Kaizen methodologies,
• Qualifications or experience of environmentally-conscious initiatives would be advantageous.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal information in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon, you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.