Japanese QA Language Tester
Japanese QA Language Tester (full & part time)
You will be part of a multilingual project team and work with peers and other departments to share ideas and suggestions, involving others in decision-making. You will be responsible for ensuring that the Japanese linguistic content within a yet-to-be-released video game is correctly localised into the Japanese language and that the Japanese text is displayed correctly when seen in-game, while also strategically detecting and reporting any Japanese linguistic flaws. We believe that team work and being people focused is one of our strongest values which will help us achieve the highest quality possible and through this collaboration, our business continues to evolve with steadfast passion and determination to remain the global leader in Quality Assurance, Customer Experience, Localisation and Audio Production services. We play hard and work harder with the leading and foremost gaming publishers in the world.
Have you ever played a game or watched a move or TV Series and been frustrated by poor or incomplete translation, supposed jokes, cultural references that were not natural or just wrongly out of place? Well this is your chance to make a real difference. We want you to bring your passion for the Japanese culture and Japanese language. Localisation testing involves performing language checks on a range of prime games titles for a variety of platforms including PC, Xbox One, VR, PS4, PS Vita, 3DS, Switch and various mobile phones/tablets.
What you’ll be doing
- Identifying Japanese grammar issues, misspelled words, missing punctuation, incorrect capitalisation and other Japanese punctuation language issues/errors.
- Looking for Japanese inconsistencies in texts, inaccurate translations and making improvement suggestions when Japanese sentences or words sound unnatural. Finding and describing issues in English as well as in Japanese.
- Glossary adherence: - Ensuring that terminology is respected and any violations are highlighted and corrected in Japanese.
- Analysing Japanese text to identify and correct issues related to localisation and accurately providing detailed and complete reporting (and subsequent revision) of those errors or problems, whilst making suggestions for improvements.
- Tracking and ensuring consistency of in-game terminology between languages and researching to ensure authentic and accurate contextual use of language.
- Ensuring console manufacturer guidelines are adhered to.
- Logging details of errors/issues found and providing critical analysis and concise feedback.
- Ad hoc Japanese translation
Other responsibilities for the roles may include: creating and maintaining terminology databases/glossaries for games contents, translation of internal and external documents and translation of contents for all clients.
What we’re looking for
- Fluency in Japanese and English, particularly reading & writing.
- Strong understanding of Japanese culture.
- Excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite – particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Self-motivated and a proactive attitude with the ability to work productively and collaboratively within a multilingual team.
- An aptitude for, and a keen interest in languages, proofreading and translation.
- Knowledge of the current generation of games consoles and PCs, and the latest mobile platforms (preferred).
- An interest in, and understanding of the video game industry (preferred).
- A logical, methodical approach with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent observation, attention to detail, patience, perseverance and adept concentration skills.
- A willingness to do repetitive tasks and adapt to ever-changing technology.
- Ability to work either independently or in a team and with other colleagues, sometimes under pressure to meet deadlines.
- The ability to have hourly fun, laugh daily and enjoy weekly adventures.
What we offer
You will be working within an open and transparent global business that provides a dynamic and refreshingly positive environment for all. Employees receive excellent benefits, including competitive earnings, holidays and inclusion into a vibrant social calendar. All employees will need to be available to work with us on either a casual or a project by project basis, depending on the length of the project. Long term and progression opportunities are available for the right employees who can demonstrate necessary skills and attitude.
Who we are
Since 1994, Pole To Win has been providing outsourced Quality Assurance, Customer Experience and Localisation Services to the Interactive Media, Internet of Things (IoT), Technology and e-Learning markets. Our service lines include: Quality Assurance, Quality Engineering, Localisation, Translation, Customer Experience, Talent Acquisition, Audio Production.
Pole To Win's core values are imbued across our global organisation: Reinforced by our actions and our attitudes. Echoed throughout our approach to our operations and our clients. Exemplified by our culture, and most of all, our people. We build people and their careers. We actively turn to team mates for counsel, inspiration, and diverse perspectives. Relationships are built on mutual respect. Personal and professional integrity is our guiding principle. We are honest, authentic, transparent, and ethically sound. Our primary goal is to advance our clients' businesses and their customers' satisfaction. We set the bar for generating imaginative and effective solutions for the most challenging problems. We move with speed and agility. We love what we do. We have unwavering loyalty to our DNA, our culture, our values, and ourselves.
Welcome to Pole To Win
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract