Membership Sales Executive
This vital role requires a dynamic self-motivated individual with significant B2B Sales experience. As a sales professional you will have a powerful desire to be part of a team creating and supporting the Shropshire business community.
This recruitment role will also require that you ensure the renewals take place in line with business targets, whilst encouraging participation in the Chambers events and business enhancing activities.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* To contribute to the overall efforts of the Executive Team in achieving service, volume and revenue targets
* To effectively manage a portfolio of subscription accounts to ensure timely renewal payments through communication by phone, email and where necessary, face to face meetings
* To provide exceptional customer service.
* To build strong working relationships within each member, expanding all contact networks to obtain maximum potential.
* To keep accurate and comprehensive records of all account, contact and communication details in CRM shared databases
* To produce monthly and ad-hoc reports to the direct line manager.
* To provide input to internal projects whilst retaining focus and delivery on attaining KPI’s.
* Management of Self-employed Agents
Essential Skills and Attributes
In order to perform this role effectively the following skills and attributes are essential:
• Smart appearance and pleasant demeanour
• Flexible approach to working
• Confident with excellent communication skills
• Comfortable with a degree of autonomy
• A pro-active and positive approach to their work
• Driving licence and own car (mileage expenses paid)
• Up-to-date office IT skills e.g. MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
1. To work closely with other members of the Management Team to ensure that all Business Plan, Performance and Financial Targets are achieved.
2. To keep updated with all new literature and information and maintain a thorough knowledge of new procedures and statutory/regulatory requirements.
3. To work closely with other team members and complement and support the organisation’s delivery and development.
4. To ensure that all information is entered on to the Chamber’s CRM system in accordance with agreed procedures.
5. To adhere to and actively promote the Chamber Equal Opportunities policy.
6. At all times to work within the Chamber Health and Safety policy and ensure so far as is reasonable that safe working practices are established, maintained and followed.
7. To work within and assist in maintaining the BCC Accreditation Standard for the organisation.
8. Any other duties as directed by the Chief Executive and Directors.
Tasks to be performed are not limited by this job description. The post-holder will be required to take additional duties within their capabilities as and when workloads demand. The role may change depending on the needs of the business. Training and support will be given in the event of major changes.