Legal Counsel (Flexible part time)
A well-funded independent company, with ambitious plans to expand, Gousto is looking for a dedicated Legal Counsel to join our team. There’s never been a better time to join us, so if you enjoy working alongside smart thinkers, with extraordinary drive, passion and talent, then apply now!
Recipe box company, Gousto, is one of the most dynamic and fast-growing start-ups in the UK. On a mission to help families enjoy good food, we believe home cooking is important, so we’ve made it simple. We take the hassle out of planning, shopping and cooking, by delivering weekly meals with the ingredients and recipes ready to cook, so there’s no more ‘what’s for dinner’ panic.
About the Role
Gousto is looking for an experienced, in-house legal counsel to join the team on a part-time basis, delivering a top class legal service to a fast growing London company. You'll have the opportunity to support all areas of the business including Operations, Marketing, Tech and Finance.
Reporting to the CFO, the role would initially be 3 days per week under flexible hours, with potential to grow.
- General in-house legal counsel
- Drafting new supplier contracts and commercial terms, standardising existing terms where relevant
- Advising on legal compliance inc GDPR
- Maintaining employee Ts and Cs
- Resolution of basic legal queries on any issues
- Management of the company's third-party legal activities and spend including specialist areas such as
- IP and patent activities
- Property leases
- Employee disputes
- Fundraising docs
- Providing management training on legal issues to upskill wider business
- At least 5-10 years post qualification experience of general corporate law
- Good experience in practising commercial law in house
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to translate and summarise complex legal matters into sensible commercial proposals – providing options to the business
- 22 days of holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by a day each year up to 25
- Option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Coffee, tea, ice cream and fruit provided every single day to keep you fresh
- Wine, beer and soft-drinks provided every Friday evening
- As many new recipes to test cook as you can handle
- 40% staff discount on Gousto boxes and 25% for your family and friends
- Gym membership after 6 months
- Childcare vouchers
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular all-company socials
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of Gousto. We employ over 20 nationalities and think it's deeply important to have both genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.