Home-based Business Support Assistant - part-time
7 days left
- Part Time
The Quality Improvement Clinic (QIC) and its learning division QIClearn™ are looking for a motivated, creative, forward-thinking individual to join the team to support our growing business. Quality Improvement Clinic (QIC) is a healthcare consultancy company whose values are reflected in its vision: Better Me, Better Service, Better Care™. QIC works with healthcare organisations, teams and individuals to improve the services they provide and the care they give to their patients.
QIClearn™ is a subsidiary enterprise of QIC. It works collaboratively with organisations to transform the way organisations deliver quality improvement: developing innovative learning that meets the practical challenges of healthcare improvement in the 21st Century. QIClearn™ designs bespoke learning programmes (digital, blended or face-to-face) tailored to organisational needs, context and audience.
We work with individuals, small teams and large groups on local and national NHS Programmes. We also deliver some training to commercial companies in the UK and oversees.
The company is growing and we now require an experienced and self-motivated person to provide Business Support and Administration to our Directors and Associates on a freelance basis.
Time and location
The role requires approximately 2-3 days per week at present but this is likely to increase over the next two years. It is flexible and home based. Candidates from the Portsmouth/Southampton/Winchester Area are sought in order to facilitate attendance at our monthly business meetings and with the founding Director every other week. Occasional travel within the UK may be required.
- Managing spreadsheets and budget forecast, providing weekly updates to Director Receiving and issuing invoices
- Managing invoice and expense queries Liaising with finance departments including NHS providers to ensure cashflow is maintained
- Receiving and managing invoices and expenses from Associates and other suppliers
- Managing the company online file system Organising data and files into an orderly, easy to navigate structure
- Maintaining and managing Powerpoint and other resources as required
- Supporting preparation of teaching material Managing the post-event evaluations
- Managing correspondence with participants
- Assisting in managing updates to the website, working alongside the Business Accounts Manager Booking and supporting business development days
- Responding to requests and queries from clients and liaising with Associates
- Assisting with running events if required – liaising with venue staff; ordering refreshments; managing the Registration desk
- Sharing great ideas for improving our business Person Specification
The ideal person will have a good head for numbers and be proficient in the use of spreadsheets and accountancy packages such as Quickbooks to manage financial data.
They will also need to use the range of Microsoft Office packages proficiently including word, powerpoint, and outlook, and be comfortable using virtual conferencing via Skype, Webex, Zoom etc.
They will be confident to share new ideas on processes and streamlining of our business and enjoy learning and expanding their own skills set. They should have some knowledge of the healthcare industry or educational background.
They must have some awareness of social media, be creative and have lots of attention to detail. They will need to be able to work effectively in a small dynamic team.
The company currently engages all team members on a freelance basis. This means that they are all able to work with other clients as well as with Quality Improvement Clinic. We are looking for someone who can offer us the services we require under these terms and we are happy to negotiate on this basis.
Payment is on an hourly basis at a scale of circa £15 per hour and subject to negotiation. Initially we anticipate needing two to three days per week, with some variation week-on-week depending on the company’s work schedule and the time available from the person appointed.
If you are interested in this role and have any questions, please see our website in the first instance www.qualityimprovementclinic.com. If you have any other questions please email them to Laura Longley firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to apply for this post then please send an up-to-date CV with a covering letter explaining why the post appeals and how you believe you fit the job specification.
Closing date for applications is Friday 18th May 2018. You will be notified by Monday 21st May 2018 whether we wish to take your application forward, and we will be conducting interviews (preferably face-to-face) from 24th May 2018.
Apply for Home-based Business Support Assistant - part-time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly