Support Worker - Newark-on-Trent
Job Family: Support Worker
Location: Newark, Nottinghamshire
Pay Rate (£): £8.00 per hour
Vacancy Reference: 011686
About this Job - Shifts 7am -2pm, 2pm -9pm
NEW – Sector leading sleep in rate, earn up to £75*
*This will be dependent on age and length of shift, please speak to the recruitment for further information
As a leader in health care and support services for individuals throughout the UK, Voyage Care supports thousands of people. Across our services we support people to do various activities such as bowling, going to the cinema and on days out to the coast – so it might not feel much like work. We are expanding our team and looking for genuinely caring and hands on individuals to join our team of Support Workers.
As a Support Worker you will be assisting individuals with physical and learning disabilities to lead independent and fulfilling lives; the people we support are at the heart of all we do. We ensure they reach their full potential – and of course we’ll make sure that you reach yours.
We are therefore looking for Support Workers with previous experience who can hit the ground running and are confident in lone working, supporting people with personal care needs ensuring their dignity is maintained and that are flexible to enable the people to do the things they love when they want to. However we will still provide a full training programme that is specific to the needs of the individuals we support.
Why you would like to work at Chestnut Grange:
- Located in Weston, Newark
- Three storey building with original features provides a home from home atmosphere that really supports you and the people we look after.
- As a career at Chestnut Grange you would help deliver great person centred care to all the people we support through person centred support guidance and motivation to enable the people we support to live a fulfilled and active life.
- The people we support, you will make all the difference to their quality of life
- To be able to support a person when dealing with periods of anxiety and frustration, to be able to reassure
- Good CQC reports.
- Be part of a team who are passionate about what they do and nothing is too much trouble.
- Working a varied shift pattern to meet the needs of the people we support. Shift times are 07.00-14.00, 14.00-21.00 and waking nights 21.00-0.700.
- To provide sleep ins in the event of the people we support requiring assistance at night.
- Support social activities inside and outside the home for the people we support.
- Help achieve individual’s goals and aspirations.
- You will receive an unrivalled network of support through all levels of business
- You are expected to work nights, weekends, and bank holidays on a rota basis.
- You are expected to keep accurate, written records.
- Great opportunities for your career development and progression if you would like to progress within you role.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a motivated and determined team. So make a great career move, make a difference to a person and create a smile.
Click Apply to complete our one page application………All applications & CV’s received are reviewed on a daily basis.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the barred adult list.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
Role Specific Requirements -
Driver: Flexible on Driver Requirement
Gender: No Specfic Requirement