To provide an efficient and effective Facilities service, whilst ensuring a clean and safe learning environment for students, staff and public. You should be well organised, a good communicator with good general repair skills and a key eye for detail. Good at problem solving.
- To carry out minor repairs to college property and equipment within his / her capabilities and Health & Safety requirements. Upkeep and repair tasks, including but not exclusive to the replacement of light bulbs, tighten cabinetry or appliance hardware, fix leaky pipes, clean drains, fix broken tiles, door closers, repair of outdoor structures and furniture.
- To use the electronic property database (TABS) to report, accept, complete and close down allocated works on a daily basis. Ensuring works requested are recorded in the system.
- To carry out weekly/ monthly fire alarm checks on all buildings, record findings, report defects.
- To ensure the efficient operation of heating and hot water systems in conjunction with the Facilities Team Leader.
- To ensure the efficient operation and control of both internal and external lighting systems in conjunction with the Facilities Team Leader.
- External cleaning and clearing of college grounds, including signs, jetting and chewing gum removal. Cleaning of building exterior, cladding, windows and gutters, removal of leaves, snow / ice, fallen branches or other debris from walkways.
- Removal of refuse internal / external.
- To undertake porterage duties including the transportation and setting up of the furniture / equipment to meet the specified requirements.
- To ensure opening and closing of buildings, including alarm setting and un-setting, both at the beginning and end of each working day, and as required when rooms are booked or on the college timetable / events.
- To ensure that all external barriers and gates are secured when the college closes down.
- To ensure that all lights, other than security lights are extinguished.
- To be an official key holder of the College and to cover call out situations as and when required.
- To drive college vehicles in accordance with college requirements, and to maintain vehicle logs.
- To provide a porterage service to both campuses, including delivery of parcels, internal and external mail.
- To set up/decant rooms for events (conferences, exams, meetings, theatre, etc) following the specific layouts provided.
- To be responsible for effective and efficient management of Facilities supplies, maintaining and monitoring of inventory items and stock levels, ordering consumables as needed.
- To be responsible for keeping all stores tidy ensuring that equipment is always booked in and out. Reporting damaged and missing equipment.
- To undertake additional training where required, which is relevant to the type of work involved in the job.
- Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
- Any other duties as assigned, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.
SALARY SCALE: BS 2-3 - £16,424.10 - £18,435.53 per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 36 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: 16th May 2018