Team Leader - Learning Support
1. To manage the day to day operations of the ALS provision, the line management of all Learning Development Advisors, timetabling of these staff, provision of cover or sessional staff as necessary.
2. Collaborate with the SENCO to work with Buckinghamshire County Council, Connexions, parents, feeder schools and other appropriate bodies to ensure a proactive approach to the special educational needs assessment process and smooth transition into College for students, including communication of pertinent information to appropriate staff in a timely and professional manner.
3. To play an active role in the provision of guidance and information at application stage, including interview or assessment of potential students to assess support needs and provide advice to curriculum and agree support plan.
4. Support the development of the LSAs through classroom observation and professional development around teaching, learning and assessment in regard to supporting leaners with ALS needs.
5. Support the development of staff expertise and confidence in regard to supporting students with ALS needs.
6. Support the SENCO on the annual review process for learners with Education Health Care Plans by providing information on student progress.
7. To work with the ALS team to ensure that students’ needs are regularly reviewed, using Promonitor, and that students are supported to have greater independence. Lead on the conduct of formal termly reviews for students with SEN Plans.
8. To support the initial assessment and transition process for all students, which identifies students’ needs and appropriate learning support.
9. To provide in and out of class support to students
10. Ensure the accurate maintenance of the ALS information systems to enable best use of resources and regular reporting on expenditure and needs.
11. Take a proactive approach to evaluation and development of ALS provision, and co-ordinate the collection of both quantitative and qualitative data required to do so.
12. Attend and participate in curriculum or other business support team meetings as appropriate to promote and support development of Learning Support provision.
13. Support the SENCO with ensuring that resources and training material available to staff across the college are fit for purpose
14. Contribute to open days and support College events in order to promote College wide services to prospective students.
15. Leads team meetings across the department taking a proactive and innovative approach to improve provision.