Dental Nurse Apprenticeship
- Full time, 30-40 hours per week. Shift pattern may include weekend working and some evenings. Flexibility is required as shifts may change as your skills progress.
- Total hours per week: 30.00
Expected apprenticeship duration
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Dental Nurse to join our friendly and busy dental practice.
The role of a dental nurse is to assist the dentist with all clinical aspects within the surgery. This includes but is not exhaustive to:
- Greet and care for all patients in a polite and courteous manner at all times.
- Work closely with the dentist in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Provide chair side assistance during all dental procedures.
- Update computer records and taking notes.
- Cleaning surgeries to a high level, maintaining strict cross infection controls.
- Preparing instruments and materials during treatments.
- Carry out reception and administrative tasks where required.
Requirements and prospects
- The successful candidate must be reliable, organised, with good communication skills, computer literate, and keen to learn.
- You must be of a smart and professional appearance at all times, wearing a clean, presentable uniform and have a positive attitude.
- You will have a calm, confident and reassuring manner and the ability to relate well to people, including children and those with special needs.
- You will have a positive and flexible approach to work.
- Experience is not necessary, however we are looking for ambitious, hard-working and committed individuals.
- GCSE, or equivalent, Maths and English Grade C and above.
- You will be required to have a Hepatitis B injection and pass a DBS check.