- To function as a member of the Commercial Law legal team
- To contribute to the achievement of the Council’s key purposes and to the continuous improvement of its performance.
- To maintain consistency with the Council’s quality and equality perspectives.
- To be responsible for supporting the lawyers in the Commercial Law Team in relation to standard form construction contracts and matters relating to right to buy, and commercial property such as certificates of title and standard form leases.
- For the realisation of the Council’s vision, values and strategic aims in the delivery of services to clients.
- For compliance with statutory provisions relating to those of Commercial Law or any other Service within the Council to which the postholder is responsible for providing advice and support.
2. Communication and Information
- For advising, consulting and communication with the client directorate as appropriate.
- For maintaining good working relationships and new working arrangements with key partners, staff, stakeholders and the wider community.
3. Quality and Equality
- For the promotion of equality of opportunity and the recognition of social and cultural diversity in the delivery of services and supervision of staff when necessary.
Please note this is a contracted position of 3-6 months with the possibility of extension depending on budgets and performance.
**Please note as an agency we can only offer an Umbrella PAYE rate for this post **