Purpose of Position
To share with other staff in meeting the personal care needs of service users in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence. Care provided by care assistants is expected to include care that would reasonably be given by members of the service user's own family and is not expected to include tasks that would normally be expected to be undertaken by a trained nurse.
- To assist service users who need help with getting up in the morning, dressing, undressing, washing, bathing and the toilet.
- To help service users with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence and help in use and care of aids and personal equipment.
- To care for service users who are temporarily sick and needing, for example, minor dressings, bed nursing, help with feeding, etc.
- To help care for service users who are dying.
- To help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of service users through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
- To make and change beds; tidy rooms; do light cleaning and empty commodes.
- To inspect, launder and mend service users' clothing.
- To set tables and trays; serve meals; feed service users who need help; prepare light meals and wash up; tidy and clear the dining room.
- To answer emergency bells, the door and the telephone and greet visitors.
- To read and write reports, and take part in staff and service users' meetings and in training activities as directed.
- To perform such other duties as may reasonably be required.
- To comply with the agency's guidelines and policies at all times.
- To report to the agency manager any significant changes in the health or circumstances of a service user.
- To encourage service users to remain as independent as possible.
Person Specification — Essential Criteria
The following personal attributes are considered essential to the post of care worker:
- self motivated
- sensitive to the needs of others and to the sick or infirm
- an active team player but also able to work on own initiative
- a good communicator.
You can also pick up if you would like to work full time or part time or even during the night.
Our pay rate is from £9 per hour. If you think that you are the person who fit our requirements then call Ewa on 07538444877