Live in Carer
Live in Carer needed to work with Clients across England and Wales
Would you like a rewarding career as a Live in Carer, a role with a difference supporting Clients with Spinal Cord injuries and neurological conditions at home?
What are we looking for?
As a Live in Carer you will need to be enthusiastic, conscientious, reliable and flexible so you can support our clients nationwide to live independent lives at home.
As a Live in Carer your role is to work under the direction of the Client following a personalised care plan.
In order to be successful as a Live in Carer, applicants will need to be happy to assist our clients with all aspects of daily living such as: shopping, cooking, domestic duties as well as personal care requirements. Every client is individual and therefore you must be willing to adapt to different lifestyles to ensure that the client you are working with can live an independent life.
Working as a Live in Carer can be a great lifestyle choice where you can choose to work and then travel in-between your assignments. Overseas applicants welcome to apply if you are eligible to work in the UK.
Salary for a Live in Carer
- Salary starts at £19,465 gross per annum (*example salaries are based on working 21 days within a 28-day block)
- Once you successfully complete your 3-month probation, we ask that you work a further 100 days in the following months from your probation and this entitles you to a pay increase to either a Grade 2 or Grade 3 PA
- Grade 2, £21,103 gross per annum * – (no qualification required)
- Grade 3, £22,495 gross per annum * – Level 3 Diploma / NVQ 3 Health and Social Care / Nurse (overseas
- Accrued holiday pay
- Enhanced rates for Bank Holidays
- Each employee will be auto-enrolled into the NEST Pension Scheme
- You will be employed directly by Active Assistance on a flexible temporary contract. The role is classed as temporary as you move around the country to live with different clients, however many of our Carers settle with one or two regular Clients after they have gained some valuable care experience
Live in Carer Hours of Work
Typically, you will work between 1-3 weeks with a client and then take a break. On average you will work a ten-hour day.
Your work will be scheduled by a Care Coordinator and this gives you the chance to plan ahead with your diary so you can attend those special occasions with your own families if you wish, creating a good work / life balance.
Additional Benefits Working as a Live in Carer
- Paid travel to and from your assignment within England and Wales
- Food and accommodation provided whilst on assignment
- DBS Certificate (please note that if you leave within your 3-month probation period the cost of this will be deducted from your salary)
- £400 Refer a Friend Scheme for employees (Please see full terms and conditions on our website)
- Free four-day award winning training course in Leicester with accommodation provided (direct train links from Stansted, Luton, Birmingham and East Midlands Airports)
- Lunch provided on four-day training course
- Flexible contract and working patterns to suit you, ranging from one to three weeks
- Regular breaks which enable you to gain a good work- life balance
- Ongoing support from Head Office and Regional Teams
- We welcome working holiday visas that give you the opportunity to work and travel
- Options to work on complex packages where there are pay enhancements, this could give you the potential to earn up to £28,000 if you are a Grade 3* PA
This is a great opportunity to develop a career in Health and Social care. Alternatively, you may be looking for a short term temporary role or a flexible position during a gap year. Although previous experience would be beneficial it is not essential as our Clients value a Live in Carer who shows enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
- Prospects to progress your career within the company
- Active Assistance also welcomes Nurses, Physiotherapists, Psychologists and Occupational Therapists. This would enable you to gain some practical and invaluable experience working in a community setting in England and Wales.
- Training for the Health and Social Care Sector – we offer a recognised vocational qualification for healthcare professionals working in the UK (please see terms on our website)
Qualifications on offer are Adult Care Worker Level 2, Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3, Children & Young People Level 2, Children and Young People Level 3.
Essential requirements of a Live in Carer
- Valid full driving licence and competent driving skills (NB You do not need to own a car to carry out this care work).
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, which includes being able to actively listen to and follow instructions from your client
- Documentation and proof of eligibility to live and work in the UK
Active Assistance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and children. All applicants must be willing to undergo the appropriate screening, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service