Internal Audit Manager – Midlands - Global business SB/A/9143
Salary: Circa £70000 (negotiable on experience) + bonus + excellent benefits.
Qualifications: ACA, CIMA, ACCA, MBA or equivalent.
Our Global Client requires a highly proactive and innovative Internal Audit Manager. This opportunity would ideally suit a determined and ambitious Qualified accountant, ideally with strong experience from a Top Practice and 3/4 years commercial Internal Audit. You may currently be at Senior Audit level or Managing and looking for a broader opportunity.
The Internal Audit Manager will make a significant contribution to the effectiveness and the strategic delivery of the group Internal Audit function. They will develop a leading role in the auditing of business goals, performance objectives, and the impact of a variety of economic, financial and management decisions in reporting to the Board the appropriateness of the business’s control framework and ensuring appropriate controls are in place to aid the business in meeting its objectives.
This role plays a significant part in developing and maintaining delivery of the internal audit strategy for the business, this will involve engaging and educate the business in the skills and value-adding abilities of the internal audit function, and drive change in the business’s control environment.
The Auditor will be spending time on strategic, financial and operational audits as required by the Senior Group IA Manager.
• Plays a key role in helping the audit team deliver high-quality audit work that enables business managers to reach informed decisions on identified control weaknesses, and to agree commercially viable actions to mitigate risks.
• Executes audits flawlessly and escalates issues of concern early such that any replanning can be achieved without significant disruption to the objectives of the audit. Adheres to the audit plan, focuses and logistics of designated audit assignments help identify potential threats to the achievement of the assignment and presents practical and achievable options to risk mitigation.
• Delivers high-quality audit conclusions and focused audit opinions that positively influence executive stakeholders to embed risk management and internal control practices and to improve the overall strength of the control framework. Delivers clear and comprehensive reports, understandable by all levels of management that may be relied upon in the face of legal or regulatory challenges or disputes.
• Operates as part of an effective team and contributes proactively to the efficient performance of the team. Manages time effectively to ensure audit objectives are achieved and works closely with team colleagues to enhance team effectiveness and thus develop one’s own professional knowledge and skills.
• Delivers timely and accurate reporting to key stakeholders e.g. the Board, Audit Committee and Risk Committees by submitting high-quality conclusions of audit work and progress data to the Practice Team. Ensures that the audit approach complies with GIA’s audit methodology and that the quality of the file, audit papers and electronic data are maintained to high standards throughout each audit, reports and escalates area of concern and non-compliance.
Please send your CV to Stephen Ball at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 03452261523 for further information.
*For this vacancy you must already have eligibility in place to work in the UK, as this employer does not provide sponsorship*
DUE TO THE HIGH LEVELS OF RESPONSE PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT CANDIDATES WILL ONLY BE CONTACTED IF THEY MEET THE SHORT-LISTING CRITERIA FOR THIS ROLE.