Junior Sous Chef
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Junior Sous Chef to join the award-winning team of our restaurant with rooms client.
Food here is modern British cooking style using local produce, which is sourced from across Lancashire, Cumbria and Yorkshire.
About the job
- To effectively control the food production giving maximum quality and yield.
- Monitoring staff compliance with prescribed operating methods and exercising necessary control to ensure security of stock and property of the Company.
- Support on your shift internal communications requirements linking kitchen personnel with other operating departments of the hotel are working efficiently.
- To constantly check quality and quantity of food going out of the kitchen.
- Ensure full; compliance with food safety legislation and requirements
- To ensure that each section is manned efficiently and that the Chefs de Partie, Commis Chefs & Kitchen Porters are working to the best of their ability.
- To ensure correct methods are used for preparation of food and to check presentation.
- To make sure the kitchen team is giving an efficient, smooth and quick service while maintaining principles and standards set by the Company.
- To check quality and weight of food coming into the kitchen.
- To order and purchase the hotel’s food requirements in an economical manner.
- To control all food storage activities to ensure that all food is kept in prime condition and a good method stock rotation is used in all areas and sections of the kitchen.
- To achieve the best gross profit levels in relation to budgets and turnover.
- To keep waste to an absolute minimum.
- To ensure each section is controlling mise-en-place quality, quantity and is storing it correctly.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
The ideal candidate
- Have worked to a high standard previously (rosette level)
- A passion for food and developing your culinary skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high standard of personal presentation
- Ability to work under pressure
- Confident and professional approach
- Knowledge of Food Hygiene Regulations & relevant legislation
- Should already have the legal right to work in the UK / EU and ideally be living in the UK (for interview attendance purposes)
Salary and benefits
- £22,000 to £24,000 pa plus tips
- Five-day week on rota
- 28 days paid holiday
- Contributory Pension
- Evening meals
- Live-in accommodation is also available (£200 per month, including bills)