For over 50 years we have used our imagination to create the best places, state-of-the-art buildings, thriving communities and ingenious infrastructure solutions. Our journey has taken us across the globe, from Australia to Asia, the Americas and Europe. And along the way we have set new standards by challenging conventional thinking for the better. What makes us different is that we understand and can deliver the whole process - or just part of it - from Investment to Development to Construction. But most importantly, with everything we do, we leave a positive sustainable legacy for future generations to enjoy… We are always looking for people to come with us on the journey.
Lendlease is looking for a permanently employed Insurance Manager to working within our legal and risk team from our London office near Great Portland Street. This role will be the sole insurance manager working across our investment, asset, development, and contracting business units.
Support the Head of Insurance to manage the process of risk mitigation and development of the most economical and effective programme structure to meet the insurance requirements of the regional business.
Assist managing insurance team members to ensure that the department processes and procedures deliver first-class service to the business, through risk identification, policy placement and claims administration.
- Review construction tender contract conditions and provide advice to the business on acceptability and recommend amendments required and pricing to be allowed to ensure that the Group does not accept onerous risks or exposures.
- Drive the education of the wider business in relation to risk identification, policy placement and claims management.
- Support the Head of Insurance in maintaining good relationships with a wide spectrum of Brokers and Insurers in the UK and international markets, both for policy placement and claims management purposes.
- Assist in gathering and collating information from the business units as part of the annual renewal process, to ensure best value and coverage.
- Manage the collation of insurance documentation, premium information, and claims statistics to be stored electronically on the STARS software package.
- Review acceptability of performance bonds with Lend Lease's surety and maintain records for disclosure purposes to Group.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Good technical knowledge in relation to all aspects of insurance, and associated insurance regulation, as it affects lendlease business specifically, and the construction and real estate industry in general. (E)
- Extensive knowledge of the insurance industry (E)
- Strong claims handling experience. (D)
- Commercial and financial awareness. (E)
- Ability to work to tight deadlines. (E)
- Flexible to the demands of the business and of the insurance team. (D)
- Professional Qualifications (ACII or equivalent). (E)
- Tertiary Degree. (D)
- Excellent software skills, particularly Microsoft Excel. (D)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. (E)
- Fast turnaround of responses and supply of information an imperative. (E)
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
Lendlease is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. Our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.