Community Centre Coordinator
Job Purpose: To ensure effective and efficient overall day to day running of the building.
· Ensure that the BPRCVS Gannow Building is well managed and responds to the changing needs of the voluntary and community sectors in East Lancashire.
· Ensure that the building is in a good state of repair and decoration; reporting actions to the BPRCVS Senior Team/Chief Officer.
· Promote, develop and maintain communications and consultation with resident organisations.
· Identify opportunities for developing the use of the building in order to build sustainability
· Maintain a range of resources for use by voluntary and community organisations.
· Ensure effective and efficient overall day to day running of the building.
· Provide day to day management support to such staff and build a team of volunteers to help support the running of the centre and its activities.
· Promote links between resident organisations and encourage involvement by resident organisations and other users of the building in the services provided.
· Oversee the operation and development of the building.
· Maintain an overview and focus of the information and resources available at the building to ensure they are up to date and relevant to changing needs.
· To be the initial point of contact for all resident organisations and building issues.
· Develop links, networks and working relationships with statutory and voluntary organisations and involve them as appropriate in the building’s activities.
· Ensure that the views of volunteers and other users of the building are sought and included in the evaluation of the building’s performance.
· Undertake activities that promote the building in conjunction with other BPRCVS staff and volunteers.
· Provide monthly updates and quarterly, annual reports as required
· Attend regular supervision sessions with the designated line management
· Carry out all duties within the framework of BPRCVS Equal Opportunities Policy.
· Ensure compliance with Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, and Fire Safety Policies for all BPRCVS staff, volunteers and users of the building.
· Work with the Gannow big Local outreach worker to complement activity.
· Carry out any other tasks and duties commensurate with the level and nature of the post, as required.
Holiday Entitlement: 23 days per annum plus bank holidays (pro rata)
There will be a three month probationary period.
The post will involve some evening and weekend work for which time off in lieu is given.
· Experience of working with/supporting community groups.
· Be creative and proactive about developing activities / services in the centre to address the needs of the community.
· Be able to engage with new groups to use the centre to help with the sustainability of the centre.
· Excellent networking skills to promote BPRCVS, its services and resources.
· Be physically fit to move/arrange tables and chairs to meet the needs of the hirer.
· Maintain/develop the centre booking system and be able to generate reports as required.
· To have experience of good H&S best practice.
· Be able to collect information and undertake consultation with users groups/the wider community to identify needs.
· Keep robust records for reporting to funders.
· Excellent admin and IT skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Have a flexible approach to work and good time management skills.