Occasional hours available. Shifts are worked on a 7-day rota.
The Grove is a large country house with 32 bedrooms. We provide support and nursing care for physically disabled adults in a friendly and safe home.
Please note that due to the rural location of The Grove and the time of the shifts you will need access to private transport.
Want the chance to use and grow your skills and knowledge while making a difference to society?
Want to be part of a leading organisation which positively impacts on the lives of disabled people across the world?
If so… Leonard Cheshire Disability offers you the chance to become part of a great team!
Leonard Cheshire is the leader in enriching the lives of disabled people. We are the largest disability non-profit organisation in the UK, with around 7,000 employees, and we support more than 20,000 disabled people across our global operations. We honour our past, drawing on our legacy to inspire us for the future. We are in the exciting process of transforming into a modern, relevant and sustainable organisation.
We offer an environment where you can work with great leaders and be part of a team who are passionate making a positive impact on the lives of disabled people. You will have opportunities to learn and grow in your role, building your skills and knowledge in partnership with others.
About the role
You will directly assist in maintaining the hygiene and cleanliness of the kitchen, as well as supporting the Cook or Catering Supervisor in the effective operation of the kitchen and food/beverage preparation and assist customers in the serving and consumption of food and/or beverages. (The exact day to day duties will vary according to the exact needs of the respective service).
About you (please see the job description for full details)
To be successful in this role you will need:
- To have a level 2 food hygiene certificate or willingness to work towards this.
- To have food preparation experience and an understanding of safe and correct food hygiene/handling procedures.
- To be able to work rostered hours.
- To have empathy with Leonard Cheshire Disability’s ethos and value base.
We offer a wide range of employee rewards and benefits including:
- Fair and competitive pay rates.
- Contributory company pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit.
- Substantial and flexible annual leave, with the option to buy or sell, depending on needs (salary sacrifice).
- Access to cash health plan at very favourable rates.
- Access to cycle-to-work benefits (salary sacrifice).
- Access to child-care vouchers (salary sacrifice).
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
Leonard Cheshire Disability welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
A satisfactory disclosures check is required for this post.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.