Herdsperson - Plumpton College
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Herdsperson to form an integral part of our growing team at Plumpton College. Our farming operation is a fully commercial enterprise whilst at the same time providing a learning resource demonstrating best practice in all that we do. We have a state of the art dairy unit and are seeking a Herdsperson to deliver the highest standard of dairy operations on our 280 cow high performing Holstein herd. We offer exceptional facilities, a great working environment and career development.
The ideal candidate will need to:
- Be both qualified and experienced to carry out all tasks associated with a high performing dairy herd.
- Ensure the highest welfare standards are in place.
- Be well organised and have the drive and enthusiasm to work with students as part of their daily work.
- Have the interest and ability to ensure the dairy enterprise performs to the highest level.
- Be a good communicator and have relevant current knowledge of farm recording systems.
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team with a flexible approach to work.
- Hold a full clean driving license and associated industry qualifications.
As well as a competitive salary, you can also look forward to a great range of benefits including 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, child care voucher scheme and free on-site parking. Accommodation is also provided for this role. This is a full time, permanent, shift based role in which you would work 11 days on and 3 off.
With over 3,000 students, excellent resources and a drive for continuous improvement, Plumpton College is actively seeking staff who want to make a difference and be part of the next phase of our development. Recently rated as “Good” by Ofsted, we are seeking ambitious professionals who want to be part of our future success. At Plumpton College we are Ambitious & Progressive, Enterprising, Professional, Supportive and Passionate about everything we do and we want to “be the best we can be” – if you share these values and would like to be part of our growing team then we’d like to hear from you!
To apply please complete an application form and return it to us using the Apply button on AoC Jobs.
Closing date for applications: Friday 18th May at 9.00am
Interviews will be held: Wednesday 30th May 2018