Student Support Assistant
We are currently looking to recruit a Student Support Assistant to work within our Managed Information Services Department to provide outstanding, flexible and pro-active front-of-house customer service and administrative support.
Enabling a timely and efficient service delivery, you will be expected to support customers and students in accessing information and advice regarding all functions within the (MIS) Department with a specific focus, but not limited to, Admissions and Finance.
The successful candidate must have Level 2 English and Maths (or equivalent), with an NVQ Customer Care / Guidance qualification being desirable.
For full specification requirements please refer to the job description.
In return, we offer;
- Competitive salaries.
- Generous closure days.
- Enrolment into the West Midlands Pension Fund with generous employer contributions.
- Outstanding staff training and team building programme.
- ZEST is the College’s Health & Wellbeing initiative for our staff.
- Staff incentive schemes including Cycle to Work scheme and ‘Best of Walsall’ discounts.
- Simply Health care scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Reward and recognition scheme.
- Two state of the art campuses with the latest industry facilities, including our Graduate Salon of Hair and Beauty and on site Little Professors’ Nursery.
- Access to ‘The Hub’ offering a Gym, Spa & Sports Clinic and The Littleton Restaurant.
We are passionate about promoting equality of opportunity and creating a working environment where diversity is recognised and celebrated and everyone has the chance to reach their full potential. Our environment is diverse in character and student population. We particularly welcome applications from candidates from Black Minority Ethnic origin and those with a disability.
Walsall College is committed to safeguarding our children and young people/vulnerable adults. We uphold fundamental British Values and expect all our employees to do the same. All appointments are subject to safer recruitment checks, including previous employment checks and an Enhanced DBS Check.